“Great food and outstanding value”

Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stopped in on our way to Frostberg, Maryland. What a find. The food was great and what a value. We had the Reuben Sandwich and Clam Strips. The Reuben came with a side salad. I got the Clam Strips with coleslaw. The food was very good quality and large portions.

Afterwards, we had dessert and my wife had caramel apple pie with hand dipped ice cream and I had lemon meringue. Both desserts were great.

This place had counter seating and is a find. They had some amazing looking bakery items. We loved it. We spent $38 with tip for all of food and drink.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Limited menu but food is good. Parking is somewhat of a problem in town. Their bakery has very good cakes but no pies are available.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

During a trail on the Western Maryland Rail Trail, this is a nice place to have lunch. Hancock, in general, is a practical place to begin, even though it is mid-trail, because there really aren't any other towns with easy access to eatieries and shops. The food is good, I had a grilled cheese and the homemade bread was fabulous. After lunch, we returned to the trail and upon finishing about 2 hours later, we returned to Weavers to buy two loaves of bread to take home. The restaurant itself was a bit crowded - tables were stationed close to each other.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

It is indeed a home style restaurant, attentive staff, not flashy, and well patronized by the local area. The highlight? The massive homemade rolls and the bakery products. If I stopped the review right there it would be a "ten." Unfortunately, the food is very average and made more so by the presentation of INSTANT mashed potatoes? and green beans out of a CAN? REALLY? I mean this is a HOMESTYLE restaurant! Come on folks it doesn't take that much effort to whip up some real potatoes and some fresh vegetables. This place would rock if they really were homestyle. The good news is if and when they fix these discrepancies and make the kitchen bastion of fresh food they will be the place to beat.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped in last Tuesday for a home cooked meal. I ordered the turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes, and gravy. The turkey, while hot and tasty, was processed, the mashed potatoes were from a box, and the gravy was off the shelf.

I must say, it was served in a timely manner, and was hot, but not anything special.

What WAS special were the rolls! They were awesome, and I ate more than I should have. They were obviously made on-site. I also enjoyed a lemon meringue pie.

Been to Weaver's Restaurant and Bakery? Share your experiences!