“Best Food in Hampstead”

New York J & P Pizza
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Hampstead
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We lived in Hampstead for 10yrs, when we first started going to J&P it was a small place that took up less than half of the space it is in now. For those 10 years we ate in J&P many, many times. Their pizza is the best, the one that I always compare good pizza to. All of their food is great. My favorites are the stromboli, the chicken parm, and the pizza. Since we have moved, when we visit family we have not missed a chance to go to J&P. When I think of really great Italian food I think of J&P. I really miss them. It is hard to get good Italian food in NC.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

A nice little restaurant in Westminster with great Italian food. Whether we eat it in or get it to go it is always great.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is the kind of place every neighborhood should have! They make really good fresh dough pizza in a real pizza oven (as opposed to those "toasters" that too many places have). They also have surprisingly good pasta dishes. Very family friendly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 1, 2008

Their pizza is decent - good greasy pizza. Pasta is generally ok as well. Anything else (subs, appetizers, entrees, etc) there is incredibly mediocre. Hampstead loves J & P and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Service is usually not very good and they don't carry hot sauce?! Asked for it and the waitress offered me Worcestershire sauce instead...

Go to Vito's for a better sandwich/sub/pizza and Libertore's in Westminster for pasta/entrees.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 26, 2008

If you want authentic, homemade Italian food, then look no further. This is one of the best places I have ever eaten. Their Strombollis are to die for. The fresh bread melts in your mouth. Their sauce comes on the side and it's equally delicious. Their spaghetti and meatballs are also very tasty. If you're ever near this small town, please make sure and stop there. You will not be disappointed.

Florida traveler