This is the third time we've stayed here. It is an amazing value for the money. The rooms are huge with a seating area divided off. The beds were great but the air conditioning unit extremely noisy. They have a great breakfast with eggs, sausage and French toast as well as all the regular fixings. The coffee and orange juice are very good. They have an indoor pool which I didn't use but it looked nice and clean. The front desk clerk was so helpful. We needed a Walmart to buy our TRAC phone and she directed us there. We weren't travelling with our dog but they do have four designated pet friendly rooms. They have a lovely atrium with double high windows and fireplace. For under a hundred dollars a night, you can't beat it.
However, it is mainly a hotel for workmen travelling from one job to another. Also it is very awkward to get there. Probably you would be coming off the highway from either East or West and whichever, you will have to make a U-turn. Then if you want gas or supper, again another U-turn. They have designated places, but one would wonder why such a nice hotel would be placed in such an awkward spot.
Parking is also awkward, coming in from either the back or the front making it a long walk to the rooms.
My biggest complaint was that the WiFi wasn't working. If they had just said it's not going to be fixed I would have gone to a hot spot. As a result I missed a very good deal on an Ipad my son emailed me about. Darn it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Hagerstown.For history buffs you’ll find we are centrally located between three major Civil war battlefields and a Colonial Fort. Antietam National Battlefield is the closest and only a 15 minute drive. Harpers Ferry and Fort Frederick State Park are about a 25 minute drive with Gettysburg 39 miles from the hotel. This area also offers many historical attraction...s and museums.While in Hagerstown, sports fans can enjoy a baseball game at Municipal Stadium. Relax and take in a Suns game, the single-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals.Enjoy cultural attractions? Then you will want to visit the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts or spend an evening at The Maryland Theatre, home of the Maryland Symphony Orchestra.During your stay you will enjoy a 100% smoke free environment. Each large one room suite offers a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and hair dryers.Also included:Complementary hot breakfastIndoor pool and hot tubExercise roomFree wired and wireless high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Choice Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Hagerstown
- Comfort Suites Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Comfort Suites