“We were lucky to find this”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend of 6/30-7/1. Trip was unplanned and due to major power outage in DC area (with a senior and preschooler staying in sveltering house was not a good option).
I called numerous hotels in the area and this was the only one that had decent rooms left within acceptable driving distance. Other hotels were jacking the prices left anf right ($179 for smoking room with 2 doubles???? in Frederick??? - no way).
The front desk stuff was courteous and very helpful. They were able to put us in the rooms as soon as we arrived and provided tons of helpful advice of what to do in the area. The City park was a great place to take my son and I would have never found it on my own.
The rooms were very nice and quiet. We had one room with 2 queen beds and one with one king bed. More than adequate for our family. Each room had a fridge, microwave and a pull out sofa.
The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. My husband used hot tub everyday and was impressed. The pool is small and with no shallow end for my preschooler to play in, so we didn;t use it. Exercise room had 3 pieces of equipment, but I have never seen anyone use them.
The lobby is very nice with separate areas for breakfast, relaxation and small business center with computer equipment. We and bunch of other people were hanging out there in the evening just chatting and having a good time.
Breakfast was very nice and better than I expected. We had the usual - cereal, yougurt, pastries, etc. As well as some hot items - eggs, french toast, sausage/bacon. The waffles from waffle machine were very good too. In addition, fruit (bananas, apples and oranges) was offered.
Overall, I consider myself very lucky to have chanced on this property. They have saved our weekend and turned a blackout into mini-vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank natalia20879
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is an absolutely gorgeous facility. The lobby is huge and welcoming with sofas and a fireplace. Great hot breakfast. Room was very nice. Clean.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bellbrat1971
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had intended to book the Comfort Inn and Suites on the same road closer to town but ended up booking the Comfort Suites which is closer to I-70. I wanted the other hotel because of the better reviews on Trip Advisor. What I ended up with was a decent hotel with some wear and tear. I had a 1st floor room at the end of the hall away from the pool. The first thing I noticed in the room was the refrigerator was so loud I had to unplug it to be able to hear the TV at a reasonable volume that wouldn't upset the neighbors. It was a little work to pull the fridge out and unplug, but easy enough to do myself. The bathroom fan that automatically comes on when you turn the light on was also very noisy. The bathroom was older with the bath looking particularly in need of some new grouting. Overall, it all worked and I was only there overnight.

The wifi worked well and the TV had more channels than I was able to click through before I fell asleep. Breakfast was sufficient with fresh fruit and good coffee.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MustHaveSleep
Reviewed May 25, 2012

They have some of the best room soundproofing that I have experienced. We stayed three nights; on all nights I thought that the rooms near us were unoccupied. We discovered each morning that the rooms were, in fact, occupied.

The breakfast is good, rooms are reasonably large and clean. We were on the top (4th) floor, but the elevator was rarely busy, so it really was not an inconvenience at all. It's a lot of quality for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Buckeye4990
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Right off the I-70, near a shopping centre and a couple of eating places. Overall I would stay here again, no problem.

Pros:

- Fairly roomy
- Price was low (in early May)
- Good service at desk
- A pool for those who want one
- Wi-Fi no problems
- Large choice in TV channels

Cons:

- There should be an automatic sliding door at front instead of one you have to open by hand
- TV is in a cabinet, hard to see from the other side of the room. Should be open so that it can be swiveled

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roncar
ComfortSuitesMD, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We are glad that your experience with us was enjoyable. We are currently in the process of replacing the front door with automatic sliding doors, as well replacing the room furniture to create a more comfortable guest experience. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the aforementioned obstacles. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences, and we thank you for your business. We hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Comfort Suites while visiting Hagerstown for a wedding. We found the room to be very clean and the staff was wonderful. I would certainly recommend this Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne P

Wayne P, Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We love hearing stories from happy guests! Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We take great pride in delivering a clean, comfortable room with great service. We thank you for your business & hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed st the comfort suites for three nights. The king bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious and well lit. The gym is on the small side but good enough for work out. Did make use of the pool and hot tub, that was nice. Breakfast was par the course for a hotel, not bad but not great.

Room Tip: Dont pick the front, no blackout blind and youll be looking at the sign and street. looks like the b...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank evan m
ComfortSuitesMD, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We are glad that your experience with us was enjoyable. As for the experience you had regarding the blackout blinds, all of our rooms are equipped with a blackout curtain. This curtain is located behind the sheer curtains. I can definitely understand it was difficult to find, and apologize for the inconvenience. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences, and we thank you for your business. We hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.