“I booked the wrong place and it was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Sydney
“I booked the wrong place and it was ok”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had intended to book the Comfort Inn and Suites on the same road closer to town but ended up booking the Comfort Suites which is closer to I-70. I wanted the other hotel because of the better reviews on Trip Advisor. What I ended up with was a decent hotel with some wear and tear. I had a 1st floor room at the end of the hall away from the pool. The first thing I noticed in the room was the refrigerator was so loud I had to unplug it to be able to hear the TV at a reasonable volume that wouldn't upset the neighbors. It was a little work to pull the fridge out and unplug, but easy enough to do myself. The bathroom fan that automatically comes on when you turn the light on was also very noisy. The bathroom was older with the bath looking particularly in need of some new grouting. Overall, it all worked and I was only there overnight.

The wifi worked well and the TV had more channels than I was able to click through before I fell asleep. Breakfast was sufficient with fresh fruit and good coffee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MustHaveSleep

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Findlay, OH
Reviewed May 25, 2012

They have some of the best room soundproofing that I have experienced. We stayed three nights; on all nights I thought that the rooms near us were unoccupied. We discovered each morning that the rooms were, in fact, occupied.

The breakfast is good, rooms are reasonably large and clean. We were on the top (4th) floor, but the elevator was rarely busy, so it really was not an inconvenience at all. It's a lot of quality for a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Buckeye4990
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Right off the I-70, near a shopping centre and a couple of eating places. Overall I would stay here again, no problem.

Pros:

- Fairly roomy
- Price was low (in early May)
- Good service at desk
- A pool for those who want one
- Wi-Fi no problems
- Large choice in TV channels

Cons:

- There should be an automatic sliding door at front instead of one you have to open by hand
- TV is in a cabinet, hard to see from the other side of the room. Should be open so that it can be swiveled

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roncar
ComfortSuitesMD, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We are glad that your experience with us was enjoyable. We are currently in the process of replacing the front door with automatic sliding doors, as well replacing the room furniture to create a more comfortable guest experience. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the aforementioned obstacles. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences, and we thank you for your business. We hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Comfort Suites while visiting Hagerstown for a wedding. We found the room to be very clean and the staff was wonderful. I would certainly recommend this Comfort Suites!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne P
Wayne P, Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We love hearing stories from happy guests! Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We take great pride in delivering a clean, comfortable room with great service. We thank you for your business & hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.
atlanta
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed st the comfort suites for three nights. The king bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious and well lit. The gym is on the small side but good enough for work out. Did make use of the pool and hot tub, that was nice. Breakfast was par the course for a hotel, not bad but not great.

Room Tip: Dont pick the front, no blackout blind and youll be looking at the sign and street. looks like the b...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank evan m
ComfortSuitesMD, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Thank You so much for taking time out to write this review. We are glad that your experience with us was enjoyable. As for the experience you had regarding the blackout blinds, all of our rooms are equipped with a blackout curtain. This curtain is located behind the sheer curtains. I can definitely understand it was difficult to find, and apologize for the inconvenience. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences, and we thank you for your business. We hope you choose to stay with us again, as we look forward in serving you.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 25, 2011

have stayed here several times in last few years and always found it to be clean and comfortable. my xmas eve 2011 stay was made more plesant by front desk clerk cheryl who sent me a nice note and wished me safe travels.
breakfast here is skimpier (no bread for toast) than some, but ok.
overall a great place to stay in hagerstown.

Room Tip: 3rd floor the quietest. stay away from room #'s ending in "15"...next to ice machines
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a very trying period as the New York area and Long Island were being evacuated due to the upcoming hurricane, Irene, in late August, 2011.

It was very, very nice and the staff were very helpful with local information. I certainly plan to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business