“Good for an overnight”

Days Inn Hagerstown
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hotels like this are really where Trip Advisor saves the day. This price range is often filled with nightmare scenarios, but I can safely say this hotel is a good bet for a quick overnight. At $60 a night, you should not be looking for high end type accommodations, just a good clean place to sleep. The location was very convenient to local restaurants and also provided great access to the highways. Lobby was clean, as was the breakfast area.

I did not have breakfast so I can't comment on it. Room and bathroom were dated but was otherwise clean. There was also a large flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. They also provided free WiFi in the room, which is amazing considering I just paid over $50 at another hotel.

This hotel is also conveniently located near the Antietam Battlefield, so if you are visiting the battlefield and need a good place to stay think about the Days Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HighFlyerNJ
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for your review of our hotel. We have tried hard to improve our rooms and renovated wherever possible. We have some more improvements coming in the future and are always working to provide a better experience for our guests. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel traveling back home. I checked in and Scott was very pleasant. The room was very clean. It blow my mind when I paid $67.19 and the room had a flat screen t.v. The evening clerk she was very helpful with directions too food. And also gave me a 10 percent discount too Texas Roadhouse. If I'm ever in this area again this will be where I stay!! Thanks again and keep up all your hard work.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank livingfree2013

Thanks for your compliments! We try very hard to provide reasonably-priced accommodations and excellent customer service to all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Front desk service was very good. There are numerous security cameras throughout the building and parking area. Room was very clean. There are very few restaurants within a safe walking distance. Lots of food service to order in. Breakfast was ok. Overall stay was good. Price was very good. If you are fearful of small elevators ask for a room on main floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on 4th Floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CS P

Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed yourself and appreciate your patronage. I did want to mention that our elevator is actually standard size for a hotel. Please come and see us again the next time you're passing through.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I would share many of the comments in the last review. Rather than fall asleep while driving, I stayed here after a drive from SC that was delayed by incessant road construction delays. The hotel is a couple of miles away from I81. Very dating, but clean and functional, however the hotel charges the going rate for a Days Inn. I checked in very late. the desk person apparently had a large group of friends in the lobby - not a good welcome for a guest. I wouldn't stay here for any length of time, but for one night, it was acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and look forward to serving you in the future. I wish to assure you that our clerks are not allowed to have friends hanging out in the lobby. We have had several group reservations staying at our hotel in the past few weeks and our staff always tries to be friendly and accomodating. Perhaps they were talking with this group when you passed through. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Check in was quick & smooth. Room #418. Furnishings include King comfortable Bed. Bed was to soft for my back, Would preferred more firmness. Writing desk with rocking swivel chair. Mico/fridge. Flat screen television with over 70 channels. Small straight back chair & a lazy boy type chair. Two bed stands. A wall safe, however not charged. The front desk told me all safes are to be removed from all rooms in the near future.

The sink/counter is wall to wall, with mirror just about the same size. Hair dryer. A shower/tub combo. Plenty of towels. The tub faucet is a power house, with the shower being more gentle, not over powering. Hot water for shower in 8-10 seconds, good time for being on the fourth floor.

The overall room, sink/counter & bathroom very clean. No mold/mildew in or around tub. With four floors a smooth operating elevator. The A/C works with no problem. The unit does take it's time if a hot & sunny day.

On the first floor are vending, soda & ice machines. This a 100% smoke free facility. If smoking occurs in a guest room, a $250.00 fine is added to the guest's bill.

Plenty of parking, not crowded. When a guest first sees the outside, they may think the facility maybe dated, not so. Opening the room's door will change their minds.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I have stayed longer, paid more and received less at other facilities. The price, location, cleanliness would invite me back. All staff members were polite and helpful in answering any questions.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the detailed review of your stay. We appreciate the many compliments you gave us on our rooms and accomodations. In a good way, I am delighted that you thought we were smoke-free; it shows that our air fresheners are doing their job. Actually, our entire third floor is the smoking floor, but we try very hard to make sure that our non-smoking floors and public areas do not smell of any smoke. We have made many renovations throughout the property and appreciate you taking note of them in your review. We certainly look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Many thanks and compliments to "Scott" who took time to wrap thoroughly and return via priority mail the electronic reader I had inadvertently left in the room after I checked out.

The facility was clean, beds comfortable and good breakfast available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We're glad we had the opportunity to serve you and that you received your Kindle safely at home. Please stop in and see us again the next time you're in the area. Thanks and have a wonderful day!