Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown
Econo Lodge(Hagerstown)
Comfort Suites(Hagerstown)
Motel 6 Hagerstown(Hagerstown)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfront deskwould stay here againpleasant staycontinental breakfaststaff was friendlyflat screen tvcoffee makerthe breakfast areamicrowavepetcerealcouponclerkdinerbedding
Reviewed May 14, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 5/13/2013-Approx.2:30A.M in Room 220. The Air Conditioner didn't work properly- shut on and off twice and smelled fouled. The TV was static. The Night Clerk Purina reported to the room promptly to assist. She was able to set the TV properly but after checking the AC and getting it to turn on it shut back off within seconds. I had to call her back to the room and the same thing happened with the AC again.
The carpet was dirty and smelled foul in the room and hallway.
I didn't call staff back to the room since it was now 3 A.M. when the clerk left the room and my friend was already in bed- extremely disappointed by the lack of quality service. There was trash on the floor by the beds- empty juice box and marker from previous guests/ dirty bath tub/ dingy stained washcloths/ small bathroom/ avoid this hotel if you want a restful, pleasant stay.
At checkout I spoke with Management-Scott who was rude and discourteous - I wasn't offered an apology or discount. I requested a refund and was curtly told that I wouldn't get one and this young man never made contact. Another gentleman was standing next to him behind the desk/ Indian/ Management perhaps?/he didn't utter a word or make eye contact either. Scott yelled to me as I was exiting in a rude tone, "Have A Nice Day"!
I called and asked for the owner and Scott wouldn't give me this information. I reiterated the issues with service and again and this unprofessional young man failed to use another opportunity to apologize on behalf of his Employer for Poor Service. I stated that I may cancel payment and Scott replied, ok.
Scott should be retrained at the least.

I would advise others to avoid this location.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ccjo106
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

We have contacted TripAdvisor about this review. This guest came into our hotel looking for a free night. She came in with a bad attitude even before she was even checked in and picked up a business card immediately after walking in the door as if to see who she could complain about. In fact, it was only a few minutes later that she was talking about getting a refund, fully intending to stay the entire night for free. We accomodated her with an immediate room change that she requested due to room type (not any problems with the room) and even gave her a late checkout in the morning. She again mentioned a refund for her room after staying all night. Unfortunately, anyone can write anything on TripAdvisor, and sometimes people try to make it personal. TripAdvisor is supposed to have a system in place to remove reviews that are a result of people who try to use the system as a weapon against hotels so they can stay for free. We have submitted the case to them and have yet to see anything done with this review. Please read our other reviews and you'll see that our cleanliness and customer service is nothing like that described here.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The facilities and personnel were more than satisfactory. Too close to the main road, very loud at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm sorry that you heard some of the road noise. Perhaps we can give you a room on the back side during your next stay. Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a decent hotel; it's just far from the highway and local food establishments and the staff wasn't very well informed about possibilities for eating. I stayed twice on the same trip, both going and coming, but another time I'd look for a better value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I'm sorry that you were not completely pleased with your stay. We are located 3.5 miles off I-81 and 2.5 miles off I-70, so we're basically in the middle of both insterstates along the Dual Highway. I will make sure that our newer staff members are better informed of dining options -- there are nearly 30 restaurants within about a mile of our hotel. You may wish to check out a page on our website -- http://www.hagerstowndaysinn.com/places-to-eat.html.