“Stay was ok”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed August 9, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was iffy about reserving here in the first place(I usually stay at another area hotel), but the price was almost half of where I normally stay :(, so, ok, I tried it. First thing I saw once I opened my rm door....not vacuumed and it was obvious too! Not cool! Also, once stepping in, there was a smell... that covered up smoke smell....nasty! The 2nd floor was a non-smoking floor(3rd was smoking and there was 1st floor below, but not sure if it was non-smoking or not).... My friends rm. across the way did not smell nearly as stench as mine :( I had to ask for Febreeze...got Odo - Ban and doused my rm. in it, but it didn't last long :( I did stick it out and stay, but not sure I'll be back, especially room 204. I did like the nighttime receptionist, he was friendly on the phone when I made my reservation and when I spoke to him later that night... They leave envelopes for tips... I left them a tip: "please vacuum... ps. I know how it goes, I've worked in the hotel industry." :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

I'm certainly very sorry that your stay was not what it should have been. Our housekeeping may have made an oversight if you believe your room wasn't vacuumed -- that certainly isn't typical and we do apologize for it. We would have gladly changed your room to another if you had requested it. We will address your concerns with the housekeeping staff and make sure that it is taken care of. Thanks so much and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Not modern but clean and comfortable. Was fine but I'm glad it was just for 1 night. Would probably stay again, good price. You got what you paid for. Great fridge. Not convenient if you are traveling on I-81.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your review. Our hotel is 3.5 miles from Interstate 81 and 2.5 miles from Interstate 70, located along the Dual Highway between the two interstates. We appreciate your compliments and are always trying to improve on the hotel in a variety of areas. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Reviewed July 10, 2013

room was clean, amenities good; AC (it was well over 90 every day) worked great; bath room was serviceable but fixtures (including the most important one) was old and barely serviceable) staff was fairly rude and not very customer focused breakfast was totally carbo if you are diabetic, avoid

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We appreciate your review of our hotel and your compliments. We are working hard to improve the property in many areas including replacement of some of the older fixtures. We just installed brand new desks in the rooms. Please accept my apology for any way in which our staff may not have been at their best in regards to customer service -- it will certainly be addressed. Thanks again and have a great day!