“Emmanuel was great!”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Detroit, Michigan
“Emmanuel was great!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was not the best Super 8 I have stayed at. Emmanuael the night manager's contribution made it the "best it could be"! He should be appreciated for what he does.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your compliments on our staff and for taking the time to review our hotel. Please come and see us again the next time you're passing through!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2012

this hotel is easily accessed from I-70 and with the coupon was under $50.00 for the night. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Limited furnishing, but there was a desk and a couple of chairs. No microwave or fridge. Breakfast which was included was adequate, and the waffles were appreciated.
They need to have better signage for the lobbey as it is difficult to see the check in area for the hotel.

Room Tip: Pick up a coupon book from the rest areas and save a few dollars. Lobby is hard to see but is where...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks for taking a minute to review our hotel and offer your compliments. Many of our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, and we would have gladly given you one that had them if you had asked for one. We will take your suggestions about the lobby signage into consideration, as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. Please stay with us again the next time you are passing through the area.
Ohio
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We had to stay in this hotel for 1 night only.
We choose it because we needed it for "on the go" overnight stop. Location was convenient, close to freeway, inexpensive. Check in and out was quick, no problem.
Breakfast was good- variety of cereals,tea, coffee, orange juice, hot waffles, bagels, muffins, danishes. I wish there were some simple fruit or yogurt.
The room- we paid for non-smoking. Maybe it was, but because the corridor had so intense smell of tobacco, it feels like being in a smoking room. When we came back home I realized all our clothes now was smelling like tobacco. I had to rewash everything because of it. Not so good.
The room was clean, we checked the beds and did not find any evidence of possibility of bed bugs. Beds itself were not comfortable at all unfortunately, but the worst thing was a heating unit. It was 35-40F outside and it was cold in a room when we checked in. Heating/AC was so old and loud that we couldn't sleep at all and ended up turning it off completely. It helped just a little as we couldn't help to overheard the similar sound from neighboring rooms. So we spent this night barely slept at all in a very cold room

Room Tip: Turn on the heater/AC unit first before you unpack
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CoupleOhio
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t a good one. Perhaps we could have helped you with some of the problems you mentioned if you had contacted someone at the front desk. We are one of the fewer hotels that still have smoking rooms available, and I’m sorry that you smelled some of the cigarette smoke from your room. We would have gladly moved you to another room on a different floor.

Travelers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels

Jessup, Maryland
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The Waitress at Denny's (great) suggested this Hotel and gave me a coupon for $47 a night. This combined with the empty parking lot when I pulled up din't inspire alot of confindence. I gave the coupon to Raj (the clerk) and he gave me a look that could K!LL and told me to come back after Three for my room key, which i did.
I went down the HallWay which had No Odor, and the room & bathroom were IMMACCULATE!
Free WiFi & a good selection of TV channels come with the package. The FREE Breakfast was Quite Good: Bagels, Coffee, Waffles, Cereal, Muffins, all Fresh. Now the DownSide: At PRECISELY 8:00 a.m., they go down the hallway like Drill Sargeants: HOUSEKEEPING! HOUSEKEEPING! to turn everyone out of their rooms; I thought about answering the door without a shirt on to give them something to remember, but I didn't. If Raj had been friendlier and I had been allowed to sleep in, i could have rated (5) Stars...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HagerstownSuper8, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and give us a good rating. The compliments on the cleanliness and breakfast were also much appreciated. I would like to address your comment about the housekeepers by saying that they do typically arrive around 8 am, however what you heard was not our staff checking people out of rooms. Indeed, our staff didn’t knock on your door or call your room. They are trained to announce themselves as housekeepers before opening a door, even if it is supposed to be checked out already. This is a safety measure to ensure that a guest isn’t walked in on by mistake – a national standard in hotel safety. I’m very sorry that your check-in experience wasn’t friendly – I can assure you that it has been addressed. We hope to have you stay with us the next time you are passing through.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel is going to give you the least cost hotel room in Hagerstown. Accordingly, don't expect frills. If you are looking for least cost, but clean, this hotel is okay. We're talking bare bones, but minimally adequate. I think on my next visit to Hagerstown I will spend a few more dollars and seek out a better quality hotel. This hotel has been undergoing renovations and it is evident.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for rating our hotel. Obviously, you noticed that we are renovating the property in order to improve the quality. I wish I could speed up the renovation process, but we want to do it right and make it a place you’ll want to return to. Please stop in the next time you are visiting the area.
moundsville
Reviewed October 2, 2011

A nice clean place. They were in the process of doing some painting and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thanks for your review and please come stay with us again in the future! Have a great day!
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The place was acceptably clean, but they were in the midst of some renovations like painting. In this two level structure, the room I stayed in was on the lower level, which was fine except that when the person checked into the room above me at 3 am I could hear every loud footstep, dropping of items on the floor and bathroom noises. It felt at times like the person would fall through the ceiling into my room. That was very disappointing.
The free continental breakfast was also on the disappointing side. I really enjoy those locations that provide a waffle maker or at least some sort of hot breakfast option. This place was coffee, sweet rolls and bagels. Not much selection, and nothing healthy at all like fruit. So, I skipped that and grabbed a coffee on the road.
Staff was nice, however, one of the few redeeming factors of my stay.

Room Tip: stay on the second level to avoid noises from above
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. As you noticed, we are in the process of renovating our hotel right now. I'm sorry that your stay wasn't up to your expectations, however we will definitely take your thoughts and opinions into consideration for future improvements. I did want to let you know that there actually is a waffle maker in the breakfast, as it was installed early this year -- I'm sorry you didn't see it. Perhaps the next time you stay with us, our renovations will be complete and you will enjoy your stay with us more than this time. Thanks again for your review and have a great day!