“Truly a Red Carpet Experience”
Review of Garden Plaza Hotel

Garden Plaza Hotel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Richmond VA
“Truly a Red Carpet Experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This was truly a pleasant experience, the staff and the owners made you feel that you were an honored guest. From the red carpet, to the accomodations, restaurant, breakfast and departure. How often are you greeted by the owners! The atmosphere is
very welcoming, definetly a return visit is in the future.
T. Miller - Richmond VA

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington DC
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Note: I have stayed at many Hotels and have paid rates that were average to above average but i must say Service has never been better and the accomodations were very clean. Truly a 100% smoke free, pet free clean establishment, It is of my understanding that the Hotel under went new ownership and up-graded renovations. One of the Owners Lata Milner expressed a very sincere welcome to my colleagues and myself upon our arrival. After checking inn Mrs. Milner and one of her employees Donald a Southern Gentlemen from Georgia gave us a tour of the rather large spacious facility, i say out of all standard amenities i personaly loved the mineral pool however i was disapointed that the spa services were not open yet. I will look forward to that experience on my return visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
New Bedford, MA
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Martin & Lata who own the hotel are totally awesome, down to earth friendly people. They rolled out the red carpet for the tour bus, accomodated 45 people with no problem. Rooms were very nice, continental breakfast was the best I have had so far, and service was excellent!!! When we left to head for the Smokey Mountains Lata & her sister stood on the hill and waved the tour bus off. When we returned four days later we were again greeted and treated like royalty. Had a chance to sit & relax at the Tiki Bar with a wonderful & friendly barmaid named Cheryl who was extremely friendly and outgoing.

MA
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Wle arrived as part of a large group. On arrival the red carpet was rolled out and we were greated by the owners. All room keys were readily available and we were able to go right to our room and settle in. The exercise room was wonderful. clean well cared for Flat screen TV to watch , fresh water & towels were available. The mineral pool was just awesome. It was obvious that the current owners enjoy their work as it was like visiting them at their home

New Bedford
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Welcomed by Don and our Concierges, we were treated so well. The rooms keys were immediately available and our morning breakfast was fresh and plentiful. We were blessed with of trio of professionals. Yay, and Huzzah!

maryland
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I called the clarion hotel on Feb. 9,2009 to reserve a suite for Me my wife and kids I spoke to Russ and he informed me that the suite I wanted for Feb. 14th was booked up and that he had a Jr. suite availble and I asked for a bigger room but due to it being Valintine's day they were booked and suggested to call back on Feb. 13th. When me and my family arrived to the clarion hotel we were greeted by Russ and he took the time to escort Me and my family to our Suite,we laterd brought some carryout and had no plates or plasticwear my wife called the front desk and Russ the hotel Manger sent someone up with plates and flatwear, the rooms were very clean so was the lobby and the entire hotel and they were plenty of reasturants around the Clarion hotel and easy access in and out this was a wonderful experience and i have to thank Russ for that experience he made me and my family feel that our buisness was appreciated.

• Liked — The rooms were spaicous and up to date furniture
  • Disliked — there was nothing least i and mu family enjoyed everything about this hotel
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
Reviewed February 3, 2009

We were in Hagerstown to attend my father's funeral and needed a quiet and relaxing place to stay for several days. We were surprised to find such a nice hotel in my old hometown. This hotel has been completely refurbished, clean and modern. It has a beautiful atrium with indoor pool and walkout from your room. The business center has 2 new computers and internet access from your room is fast and easy. Plenty of pillows on the bed and lots of towels in the bathroom - 2 of my biggest concerns in a hotel! Best of all, it is economically priced. We would stay there again in the future, hopefully under happier circumstances.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — TV was too small for the room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)