“No compensation - poor customer relations”

Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
East Coast
“No compensation - poor customer relations”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Although this hotel would normally rank 4 stars by my standards I downgraded to a 3 due to the following:

When I booked the room I specified the need to be in a quiet location. I have difficulty sleeping and requested a room away from elevators, stairwells, ice machines, vending, pool, laundry, etc. When I checked in I reiterated my needs and was assured that all criteria would be met. Unbeknownst to us the fan that circulated the air in the pool house was right under our window and cycled on and off continuously through the night - the long miserable night.

The next morning when we checked out we spoke to 2 different people about our dissatisfaction and exhausting night. We were headed to a wedding feeling stressed and out of it. Neither offered any compensation for the night. I was simply told "we'll have to have the fan looked at" and "I hope you will give us another try and come again." Wow - really?

On the good side, darling parrot in the lobby as well as a lovely fish tank. Room was pleasing to the eye, though the bed was hard and the cover/spread very heavy not allowing for freedom of movement.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you over the pool fan
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giggy
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am truly sorry that your experience was not favorable or restful. The room and area that you stayed in is generally our quietest location in the hotel. We were not aware that the pool fan was loud enough to be heard inside the room. We had not been told this by any of our previous guests who stayed. We have a great track record of customer service and don't want anyone leaving us unhappy, for any reason. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you should you be in the Hagerstown area in the future. I will personally take you to find a room that is quiet and suitable for a restful night. Please contact me any time I can be of help to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel as we were traveling to Washington DC based on reviews on TripAdvisor. It was such a great deal. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel employees were friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a variety of items that you could eat and was generously stocked.
We actually stayed twice. Once while traveling to our destination and once when coming home.

Oklahoma
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here for a brief night on a road trip. It was average. Not great, not bad. You get what you get. It is safe comfortable place to spend the night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you found our hotel to be comfortable. We hope you will be passing through the area again and stay another time. Please let me know if I can be of any assitance to you. I can be reached at ----------.

Deborah
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Ramada Plaza Hotel was very nice and clean, bathroom was big and spacious the beds were very comfortable.
I ate at the Fireside restaurant for dinner downstairs in the hotel and the food was excellent.
The morning breakfast was great.
I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about our hotel and restaurant! Glad we can be your "home away from home". Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you. I can be reached at ----------
Deborah
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

On our way back to New York from Wilmington, NC my wife and I were looking for a suite-style hotel for one night to break up the drive. We were looking for a suite so we could get our young children to sleep and then spend some time watching TV in a separate room. After checking out a few nearby places we tried getting a room at the Ramada Plaza. First of all, they were immediately able to find us a suite on the top floor for a rate ($96) that was $30 less than a nearby Holiday Inn Express (standard room). We entered the room and were shocked at how big it was. Two queen sized beds, desk, and flat screen TV in the bedroom, a bathroom that had a double vanity and separate shower/toilet area with door. The living room had a couch, easy-chair and flat screen TV. Additionally, we found a refridgerator in the bathroom, under the counter.
The staff was very welcoming and encouraged us to try the in-house restaurant for dinner. We opted for Buffalo Wild Wings across the way, but did have our free breakfast the following morning at the restaurant...good food, good service, great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It makes me very proud to work at this hotel and with such a wonderful staff. Please come back and see us soon. And let me know if I can be of any help with travel arrangements, my number is 301-797-2500 x122.

Erving
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stopped for one night on our way to NC. The Plaza was perfect: quick, pleasant check in, very comfortable and clean room, and a delicious complimentary breakfast. Nearly adjacent to a mall and several chain eateries, it is an easy exit off 81. We will stay
here again!

Room Tip: Got a great price on Priceline.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a reveiw about our hotel! We very much look foraward to having you stay with us again in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any help, my number is 301-797-2500 x122.

Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Purchased this on Hotwire and very pleasantly surprised with the quality for the price. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Lobby was very attractive with well-cared-for aquarium and a parrot, Ramada Bob. Easy to see from the highway but really hard to get to with weird roads and construction. Lots of food close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and staff! Please come back and see us soon. Ramada Bob loves visitors! And don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with any of your future travel plans, my number is 301-797-2500 x122.