“Horrible!”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Lewiston, New York
“Horrible!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I travelled with 2 small children. It was one thing after another here. First was my mistake by booking the wrong Comfort Suites. I arrived late Friday night, 2am. I booked online and wrote a note requesting a crib be in the room, I also called the day before to remind them. It wasn't there. Also there is NOT an elevator in this building, when I found this out I requested to have a 1st floor room, but there is not any suites on the first floor, so I was stuck carrying a 3yr old, a 4 month old and all of our things up and down the stairs. This hotel is right across from a club, and there were quite a few people staying from over there the weekend I stayed, the smell of marijuana was all through the halls, I mentioned it and was told sorry...there was a gang here? A Gang? WOW. My remote didn't worked, tried to get a new one the lady didn't want to put her book down I guess so she said they didn't have an extra one. Hmmm so i ask how many rooms there were and how many tv's they had...she finally goes to another room to replace mine. Last my check out day, I was walking to grab some breakfast when I hear a shift change I stopped to hear what was being said. I heard "Why on earth would you travel with a 3 month old if all they are going to do is cry" WHAT? OK I could go further but my review would be NEVER EVER stay there with a family. If you are single don't care about customer service or what is going on around you...then maybe. The rooms are nice, the food was good. The customer service didn't exist. All but 1 the sales manager, if she didn't work there I am sure this place wouldn't even be open. Pay the extra $5 a night to stay at the Comfort Suites NOT the Inn and Suites, both on the same road!

Room Tip: There are no suites on the first floor and no elevator. Only 2 floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucia S
MD013, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to offer you a public apology for all the problems you encountered during your stay with us. There is NEVER an excuse for such poor customer service, and I am so sorry that your experience with us was such a negative one. All of the issues you mentioned were discussed at great length at a staff meeting held the day after your departure. Re-training of the staff in regards to proper customer service is already underway. I know that we will never be able to win back your trust, but I can assure you that changes will be made to ensure that no other guest leaves feeling the way you did. Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you personally. I appreciate the positive comments about the room, the food, and about me. I will do my best to share my experience with the rest of the staff to make outstanding customer service the top priority it should be.
Barb Estrada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I found this hotel to be perfect in every way! Rooms were large and beautifully decorated. Beds were extremely comfortable. Breakfast was very nice--lots of choices. Internet was a little slow at times, but better than most hotels. The staff was welcoming and friendly. I thought the price was fantastic for a hotel of this caliber (i paid $69.00 plus tax). NO ONE working here was "strange".
Everyone from the desk staff, housekeeping, breakfast , and sales manager were helpful and attentive. We used to stay in Frederick, but after a bad experience decided to try Hagerstown. We will definitely stay at this hotel again. By the way, I had a room near an exit door and didn't hear any noises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eleanor G
MD013, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are so glad that your visit with us exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business, and thanks again for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked the hotel online and got a great price. I requested a king bed and quiet room. The women who checked us in was insistent on giving us a room by a stairway, exit door and parking lot. First of all, the hotel is empty. She told me the hotel is fully booked because of the Inauguration which takes place tomorrow in Washington, DC and she couldn't give me another room. Really? Well, it's 6:30 pm and there are five cars in the parking lot. She seemed annoyed that I dare ask for a quiet room since I was able to get a great price. I usually avoid staying at Comfort Inns for this very reason...bare bones and no imagination. The staff needs to learn to think out of the box. I wasn't expecting a suite, but a quiet room away from doors, vending machines and stairways. I recently joined Choice Hotels, but doubt if I will try them again.

Room Tip: You really get what you pay for...very little!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandy0106
MD013, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the location of your room, and that you felt the price you paid had something to do with it. We are a newly renovated property and all of our rooms are furnished with the same amentities and decor. In your reservation you had requested a quiet king room with a bathtub. At this location, all of our king rooms are located downstairs, and face the parking lot (Rooms with 2 queen beds face the courtyard). Because you arrived earlier than our normal check-in time, not all of the rooms were ready, and so I went to the housekeeping staff to find out what rooms were available (We were at full occupancy the night before due to a large group, and people attending the Inauguration). When I returned, you requested a room at the end of the hallway. Based on the list of clean rooms I was given, I chose the room closest to the end of the hallway. I truly thought I was honoring your requests by not selecting a room near the vending area, fitness center, or breakfast area. We did discuss the exit door, but I assumed (wrongly) that there would be the least amount of guest traffic at that door.
I am not trying to make excuses, just offering an explanation of the situation. I realize now that I should have asked you if you wanted to wait until more rooms were available, or offered you a queen room upstairs where you might not have heard the noise from the parking lot. I sincerely apologize for leaving you with a bad impression of me and the property. Please don't let this experience taint your feelings towards all Comfort Inns. The Choice brand really does care about their guests, and values their business.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rooms were clean, spacious, and beds were very comfortable. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgable. The breakfast included make your own waffles, hot entree of eggs and sausage, plus the usual continental offerings. An excellent value! We would def. stay there again on our next Hagerstown visit.

• Stayed January 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This quiet, clean and comfortable hotel was a final rest stop on our way home from FL. It is completely renovated and beautiful. Staff lovely and helpful. Needed gps, not right off the highway, and we would still choose this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharingExperiences63
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and was treated great. They were able to allow me to check in 3 hours early and the lady at check in was very professional, efficient and knowledgeable. Check out was a breeze I will definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
albany ny
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a large room with flat screen tv. We were very happy with the appearance of hotel. Front desk check in was quick. The breakfast was very good. I would stay here again.The only issue at this place was the internet was very slow and the staff was not too interested in resolving the problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple