“Nice hotel, strange staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Southbury, Connecticut
“Nice hotel, strange staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked the hotel online and got a great price. I requested a king bed and quiet room. The women who checked us in was insistent on giving us a room by a stairway, exit door and parking lot. First of all, the hotel is empty. She told me the hotel is fully booked because of the Inauguration which takes place tomorrow in Washington, DC and she couldn't give me another room. Really? Well, it's 6:30 pm and there are five cars in the parking lot. She seemed annoyed that I dare ask for a quiet room since I was able to get a great price. I usually avoid staying at Comfort Inns for this very reason...bare bones and no imagination. The staff needs to learn to think out of the box. I wasn't expecting a suite, but a quiet room away from doors, vending machines and stairways. I recently joined Choice Hotels, but doubt if I will try them again.

Room Tip: You really get what you pay for...very little!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sandy0106
MD013, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the location of your room, and that you felt the price you paid had something to do with it. We are a newly renovated property and all of our rooms are furnished with the same amentities and decor. In your reservation you had requested a quiet king room with a bathtub. At this location, all of our king rooms are located downstairs, and face the parking lot (Rooms with 2 queen beds face the courtyard). Because you arrived earlier than our normal check-in time, not all of the rooms were ready, and so I went to the housekeeping staff to find out what rooms were available (We were at full occupancy the night before due to a large group, and people attending the Inauguration). When I returned, you requested a room at the end of the hallway. Based on the list of clean rooms I was given, I chose the room closest to the end of the hallway. I truly thought I was honoring your requests by not selecting a room near the vending area, fitness center, or breakfast area. We did discuss the exit door, but I assumed (wrongly) that there would be the least amount of guest traffic at that door.
I am not trying to make excuses, just offering an explanation of the situation. I realize now that I should have asked you if you wanted to wait until more rooms were available, or offered you a queen room upstairs where you might not have heard the noise from the parking lot. I sincerely apologize for leaving you with a bad impression of me and the property. Please don't let this experience taint your feelings towards all Comfort Inns. The Choice brand really does care about their guests, and values their business.
Barb Estrada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rooms were clean, spacious, and beds were very comfortable. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgable. The breakfast included make your own waffles, hot entree of eggs and sausage, plus the usual continental offerings. An excellent value! We would def. stay there again on our next Hagerstown visit.

• Stayed January 2013
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This quiet, clean and comfortable hotel was a final rest stop on our way home from FL. It is completely renovated and beautiful. Staff lovely and helpful. Needed gps, not right off the highway, and we would still choose this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharingExperiences63
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and was treated great. They were able to allow me to check in 3 hours early and the lady at check in was very professional, efficient and knowledgeable. Check out was a breeze I will definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
albany ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a large room with flat screen tv. We were very happy with the appearance of hotel. Front desk check in was quick. The breakfast was very good. I would stay here again.The only issue at this place was the internet was very slow and the staff was not too interested in resolving the problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place is perfect for a budget stay. We stayed here for a quick overnight. It's newly remodeled, perfectly clean, and convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again without question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Peaceful, clean, quiet and low price. It's just been renovated, and the rooms were done in wonderful deep colors. Like Fall, I guess.

It had a lovely fitness center and breakfast nook, too.

Seems to be better priced than the ones out on !-81.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple