“Good night's sleep, great staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good night's sleep, great staff”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel a lot for business, so I have seen the spectrum of hotels across the country. I came to the BW Grand Venice Hotel because my wife's family lives in Hagerstown. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The room was pretty good, but what stuck out to me is that the staff was super friendly. I like meeting people when I travel, and I felt like by the end of my staff, I was good friends with the people at the front desk. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: I liked my room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. We have a great team and it shows. Being greeted with a smile is always the best way to start off your travels. Please share your experience with your friends and family. I agree with you, the rooms facing the new pool area are great. We can’t wait to see you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during his business trip. Our first experience with the hotel employee was at the liquor store right next door. The staff was filling-in for somebody there (we always get my red wine for the stay at any hotel). My husband is a funny man so he joked around with the the staff. He was nice to us. Then we checked-in at the front desk and was greeted by Michelle, a very happy go lucky woman who enjoys doing her job. Was very nice to have such welcome from the hotel worker. The room was ok, the a/c was just loud and hard to control. The location is probably good because it's close to the premium outlets, so I went to the outlets two days in a row *:) It's a good stay to attend the conference but don't get free breakfast here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for the kind words about our wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass it along to them. It is always a good feeling to walk into a hotel and be greeted by a warm and friendly smile.

I will personally be looking into the breakfast room and breakfast items. I’m sorry to hear that the air conditioner was hard to control. We’ll have maintenance look into it and see what we can do to improve it.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in town!
Canberra
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Every time i check in to a best western i have to lower my expectations just that little bit more. I was greeted to the room by the smell of urine coming from the restroom. The restroom looked superficially clean and after spreaying the toilet with antiseptic the smell disappeared. I wished spreaying with aniesectic should be standard operating procedure in hotel rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Francis T
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We want honest feedback from our guests, whether good or not. We take all of our guests’ observations seriously and it troubles me to read a review where a guest did not experience high quality service.

We will be sure to look into the housekeeping issue that you experienced. If you should wish to give us another chance, please contact me and I will personally take care of your reservation from beginning to end. I want to ensure you receive a quality product and service from us.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Bed was comfortable and the Lobby looked nice, but other than that I don't have anything good to say. The room had an odd smell, there was trash on the floor and in the trash can (was the room cleaned?) Shower looked dirty, Breakfast was awful,( stale bagels, no juice, milk wasn't cold for cereal, and the only good thing may have been a waffle if there wasn't 10 people waiting in line when I walked in at 6:35am) 4th floor ice machine was broken. Overall: go down the street to the next hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback.

I was distressed to learn from your review of the experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. We at Best Western Grand Venice take pride in our hotel and have conducted a recent housekeeping training session. We take all of our guests’ comments seriously and are working with our housekeeping staff to insure this does not happen again. We want all of our guests to be happy with their stay.

Again, I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. We are always striving to improve our property and hope that if you find yourself in the Hagerstown area, you’ll give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice lobby not so great rooms. The hotel needs a update and a through cleaning. The room had stained furniture and soiled towels. It is horrid but it has a icky feeling to it. It is listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel but it really should be a 2 star. I just stayed overnight and traveled on he next day so I can't comment of the fun looking conference room and the other "grand" amenities.

It is nice not to be in one of those cookie cutter highway hotels and to see a place try to be special too bad the initial efforts (as evidenced by the grand lobby and nice older elements) seem to have been replaced by a not so gentle decline. This place has potential to be a retro cool spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cosmic_beancounter
Thank you for taking your time to submit your observations on your recent stay. We are currently working with our housekeeping staff as well as making improvements and updates to the property.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. I’m the new Director of Sales here and am making guest satisfaction my number one priority.
long Island
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Got a great deal on the room ($75 including taxes), but I would pay double to have had a clean and comfortable stay. I will not be returning. Room gave me the heebee jeebeezzzzz. Old and not well kept. Bathroom floor had hair all over it and dirt & hair congregating in the corners. Shower temperatures were backwards. Shower head only had half the water coming out and the other half was still coming out of the bath spout. Air conditioner was useless because there was no knob to change the temperature. At night both my husband and I felt like bugs were crawling on us. Not sure if that was actually occurring or we were just creeped out over the room. We should have run right from the start. Upon entering the hotel, there was a man who walked up to my 10 year old daughter and offered her 4 pennies. Told her he hoped they would turn into a whole lot more money and she will be luckier than him b/c he has no money. Not sure if that was his way of trying to get us to give him money or not. The attendant behind the desk tried his best to get us booked in fast and out of the lobby. Not sure why the man could not be asked to leave. We witness him b-lining towards another child later with the same story. Not a comfortable and safe feeling. Try another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I want to start out by stating, that I am so sorry of your experience here at our hotel. We are in the mist of some upgrades along with training for the housekeeping staff.

As for the person walking up to your daughter, please be assured we are looking into this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2013

In town for a funeral. Got room through Priceline. My price for two nights, including taxes was less than one night at a popular, more modernized chain. My room was #295. The whole hotel is non-smoking. The hallways and lobby are very clean and nice. My room was very clean. Bed was comfy. Very large room. Fridge, micro. Now, the decor, TV, and bath are outdated. I don't care. I refuse to pay an extra $70 per night for a decorated paradise. As long as it's clean, comfy, and has ammenities, I'm fine. Hotel was on the Dual Hwy, which is also Route 40 and this was central to my relatives and the cemetary. Desk clerks were very nice. Breakfast was great. Parking is free and convenient. Within the area are numerous restaurants, both fast food, pizza and sit down. The air conditioner and fan in the bathroom were loud. I can live with these minor inconveniences, as I like to have white noise anyway to sleep. Besides, like I said, for the negotiated price, I'm willing to overlook outdated. Everything worked. I don't give a care if the TV is still a tube, it was large, worked well, and had a whole lot of cable channels. Bottom line: don't pay more than $50 per night. I paid less. If I paid more, I would expect more.

Room Tip: I always make sure I arrive before 6pm. I always request a room in a quiet area, away from the kitch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo