Mansion House Art Gallery, Valley Art Association
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Beautiful mansion in beautiful city park

Hagerstown City Park is one of the most beautiful city parks we have seen in America. Overlooking... read more

Reviewed November 18, 2016

from $5.00
from $65.00
from $135.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I love to see art from local artisans. Some of the art in this museum was actually quite impressive. The building is awesome and I only wish we as the public had more access to the old building!

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Mfclingan
Reviewed November 15, 2015

Local art is displayed in an interesting old mansion - BIG wrap around porch outside. The art is displayed on the main level - unfortunately the rest of the building is not part of the showcase - you can't tour it. There was a nice variety of art by some talented artists - mostly paintings, but small displays of some baskets, and metal sculptures as well. I fell in love with one painting (it reminded me so much of my 3 sons) and so my husband will not have to shop for a Christmas gift :)

We received a warm welcome and enjoyed our visit.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed August 14, 2015

The Hagerstown City Park is home to a number of lovely attractions; the lake, the swans, the Museum of Fine Arts, the "Hager House" the Band Shell and one of the most unique art gallery's I've every seen, "The Mansion House". The Mansion House sits at the top of the hill overlooking he Park and the Band shell. You can walk up the hill and up the steps to it from the park below or if you're like me you can drive around the back of the Park to 501 Highland Way and avoid walking up the hill. Inside the Mansion House is filled with the work of local artists for sale and lots of it. Hagerstown is kind of an art mecca to start with and a visit to the Mansion House will affirm that fact. The Mansion House is open Friday and Saturday and Sunday, please check the Valley Art Associations (VAA) website for the exact hours and plan an art shopping trip at the Mansion House.

Date of experience: June 2015
6  Thank Ralph E
Reviewed May 22, 2015

Great Variety of local artist works, very nice selection at reasonable prices. I really enjoyed this gallery and children are welcome.

Date of experience: May 2015