“Surprise Find - Modern but comfortable”
Review of LJ’s Restaurant - CLOSED

LJ’s Restaurant
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eastern Blvd.
Reno, Nevada
“Surprise Find - Modern but comfortable”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at the bar. They have a really good selection of wine by the glass. The bartender was very knowledgable about both the wine and the food. They have a small but innovative menu and seemed to do everthing quite well. Loved the blistered olives and the tuna entree was great. With 2 appetizers, one entree was enough for 2 people. Very pleased with our dinner.

Visited July 2014

Bentonville, Arkansas
“I like LJ's”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I used to have lunch at LJ's years ago and totally enjoyed it every time. They no longer serve lunch but I have had dinner there on occasion but not recently. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there and birthdays several times. After reading some of the reviews, which are not favorable, I wonder if anything has changed since I've eaten there. I must try it again soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Doris H
Hagerstown, Maryland
“A downtown DC restaurant in Hagerstown”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I eat at LJ's frequently and always enjoy their interesting cuisine, quiet atmosphere and attentive service.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank IraLourie
“Horrible buffet - Almost everything was cold”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you're ever in Hagerstown and looking for a good buffet, don't bother with this place. It was Mother's Day, and apparently mom did not need a hot meal. Everything from the fried chicken, salmon, and roast beef was cold. The macaroni and cheese was lukewarm. There was a pasta bar with a "chef" who cooked ingredients "to order" but went overboard with the garlic. The desserts seemed stale. Our server was nice. Overall it was a disappointing and over priced experience. I would recommend eating elsewhere.

Visited May 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“I would not recommend LJ's and the Kat lounge to anyone.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The food was way too salty. We tried the trout and were totally dissatisfied! Didn't even eat half of it! The presentation was poor as well. Thank God for the beer! We tried the house salad and again we were heavily disappointed! It was plain romaine salad..with some type of lemon dressing...gross. We didn't even want to stay for dessert fearing more disappointment. All and all we disliked LJ's and the Kat lounge. By the way, this was our second and will be the last time eating here.

• Visited May 2014