“Ditto”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
smithtown, ny
“Ditto”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I concur with all excellent reviews. Great pool, excercise room, breakfast. Spotless, absolutely comfortable rooms and efficient and friendly service. Stayed one night on way to Antietem which is very close. A perfect Homewood Suites.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank eloisejw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
maryland
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We checked in at Homewood Suites at 6:30pm on May 15th 2009 and the hotel is Beautiful The service desk waited on me upon arrival and told me how much i was going to be charged for my 2 night stay and when breakfast starts and me and my fiancee was on our way to our room, the room was beautiful and clean with two flat screen t.v. and a very comfortable king size bed. However i had 2 flaws about my stay and the first one was the ice maker in the freezer didn't make ice fast enough me and my fiancee left out the room at 6;45pm and i let the ice maker arm down we got something to eat and saw a movie and got back in the room at 11pm only a hand full of ice was made in 4hours and to top it off there was no ice machine available in the hotel. The next morning still NO ICE we went to get the breakfast that was part of our stay and the eggs were like powder eggs from elementry school the bacon was burned to a crisp the donut's taste like they weren't cooked all the way before they were shipped so we didn't get breakfast from the hotel Sunday we went to a fast food place instead. Oh and one more flaw they put $50 per night you stay there on hold from your credit card and you have to wait 48hours before the money is released for you to use. THEY LEFT THAT PART OUT IN THE INTRODUCTION OF US CHECKING IN.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank downg10
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2009

My family and I (2 adults 2 teenagers) stayed here on two consecutive Friday nights, on our way down to and returning from Virginia. The staff was friendly and efficient. The lobby/breakfast area is very large with many tables and comfy sofas. The suite was excellent - kitchen with full size fridge, two burners, microwave, dishwasher; living area with upholstered chair and pull out sofabed; bedroom with king size bed; bathroom sink separate from shower area; TV in each room. We love having a little extra room now that the kids are teens.

The breakfast was great with many choices. For example - plain scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham, crisp bacon, biscuits with sausage gravy, make your own waffles, plus all the usual assortment of pastries, breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. If you stay with them during the week (Monday through Thursday) there is a "Manager's Reception" which actually means "dinner". We were not there for that so can't comment except to say "WOW!" - if you stay there with a family, you can save a lot of money on eating out. Many restaurants nearby - some easily within walking distance.

There is a large pool, hot tub, workout room, small basketball court, shuffleboard, putting green - you can keep the kids amused.

All in all, a terrific place to stay. Rates vary depending upon room type. Although we stayed free (cashing in points) our room was valued at $129.00 and worth the price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank october1055
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We stayed here for one night to ski at nearby Whitetail (twenty minutes away). The hotel is relatively new and everything is clean and in excellent condition. Our suite had a large comfortable king size bed in the separate bedroom, and a pull out sofa in the living room area. Both rooms had tvs and dvd players. There was also a kitchenette with a small table. A full breakfast is included. The hotel also had a business center, a basketball court, a courtyard with grills and outdoor tables and an indoor swimming pool. We didn't have time to take advantage of all these amenities but I could imagine staying here for an extended stay and feeling very comfortable. The staff was excellent. The dining options nearby were much better than at the ski area. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank arlingVA
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Need I say more. Great rooms with full kitchens, hot breakfast and school lunch style dinner and drinks. Hello, why can't all hotels be this great

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My 15yo daughter and I stayed here because of its proximity to Whitetail Ski Resort. It's a new property (less than a year old) but it's perfectly located for this purpose -- just 15 minutes to Whitetail!
A full breakfast bar (including scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns) is included, as is dinner Mon-Thur.
There are several restaurants within a few blocks -- Ruby Tuesday's, Bob Evans, Buffalo Wing Factory, and several ethnic options, too.
I like having a full kitchen as it adds to the overall comfort -- a full size refrigerator and microwave make it easy to kick-back on the couch after a hard day of skiing!
The suite was nicely appointed and the bed was the usual top-notch comfort I've come to expect with Hilton properties.
All of the staff members were friendly and helpful. A nice touch: I prefer not to have any housekeeping during my hotel stays, so I was surprised to return from skiing to find a bag with two fresh towels and extra coffee hanging on my door -- very thoughtful!
BTW - the online website offered a discount for Whitetail skiers!
I'll be looking to stay there whenever I go to Hagerstown.

• Liked — Location and amenities
  • Disliked — Too new for GPS databases!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rotorhead
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed January 18, 2009

I stayed here over this weekend to treat my fiancee to some skiing at the nearby Whitetail Ski Resort. This hotel offers a special ski rate so be sure to check that out. The room was really very spacious. There was a small kitchen with a fridge, microwave and hotplate which is great for dining in. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and wifi. Everything was super clean and comfy! The staff are very efficient and friendly. I cannot really express how much I am impressed with this hotel. It truly is a great find.

**For those of you who struggled to find the address on your GPS, use 190 Railway Lane Hagerstown MD 21740 instead**

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Gal_C