“Uncomfortable Bed”

Homewood Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was nice but the bed was very uncomfortable. There was a slight odor of puke in the room but I could find no obvious reason why.

The lobby was large and the breakfast area was nice. Stayed on a Friday night. There was an ample variety of food. Nicely prepared eggs, waffles and really delicious cranberry muffins.

There was a really nice outdoor area with a BBQ grill. The pool and hottub area is really nice.

Overall the hotel is nice but the bed was horrible. Isn't the cleanliness of the room and the bed the most important part of the hotel. Too bad.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Schraders,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. At the Homewood Suites Hagerstown we truly value customer feedback. I am so sorry to learn that our bed comfort fell below you expectations. A good night sleep is so very important and I apologize that the comfort of our mattress made it difficult for you to sleep.

I was also dismayed to hear about the odor that you smelled in your guest suite. The Homewood Suites prides itself on cleanliness having recently earned a perfect score of 100% on our most recent Hilton inspection. However in this particular instance something was not quite correct and for that we are truly sorry. I assure that our management team takes this feedback very seriously and our General Manager has read this review at our morning meeting. He has advised the staff to be very aware of an odors that are less than fresh in our guest suites and we hope that this instance will not occur in the future.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that we are currently in line for a bedding upgrade in 2013. The hotel is turning 5 years old this year and we are excited that we have an ownership group that are committed to constantly upgrading our suites for our guest comfort.

It is my sincere hope that you will give the hotel a second look when you are visiting the Hagerstown area in the future. Thank you again for you helpful feedback.

Hospitably,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a spacious, clean road stop.....real value for your money. A bit off the highway and in a busy area but worth stopping nevertheless. A real plus is that you can walk to dinner locations. Suites are really worth the extra when you travel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. I am so pleased that the extra space offered in our suites afforded you a comfortable stay. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the areas eateries that are adjacent to the hotel.

It is my sincrere hope that you will stop and visit us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Hagerstown, Maryland for the weekend to visit my sister and brother in law who live a 5 minute drive from where the hotel is located.

Originally we had booked a room at another hotel but received a phone call the Tuesday from Expedia saying that our hotel was over booked. They booked us a King Suite at Homewood Suites. I'd never stayed with them before so I wasn't sure what to expect other than the pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor.

We arrived around 7 pm on Friday night after a 5 hour car trip from New York. The folks at the front desk had us checked in and key cards in our hands less than five minutes after our arrival! The gentleman at the front desk welcomed us with a huge smile on his face and kindly told us that he was glad we had arrived safely. We were informed breakfast was served from 7am-10am on the weekends and he pointed out the location of the pool before we made our way upstairs. Our room (207) was a short walk from the elevator and we opened the door and walked into a beautiful suite. The rooms were super clean and organized and we had a view looking down on the courtyard. The kitchen had two burners, coffee pot, microwave, fridge, toaster and anything we'd need to cook there. There was a table/desk between the kitchen and living room perfect for my laptop. The couch and chair in the living room we very tasteful and comfortable to watch TV in. The king sized bed was so roomy and comfortable I wanted to take it home with me!. After a long drive nothing is better than a hot shower (and let me say there was plenty of hot water!) in the roomy shower in the bathroom. I liked that the sink had it's own space outside of the bathroom (where the tub and toilet were) and there was plenty of room for us to get ready without bumping elbows.

The second night we were there we used the pool (which was so cold!) and the hot tub (which was awesome). They are both located off the courtyard and are accessible by elevator from the upper floors and I believe the outside of the hotel through a door (but you need your room key to get in) The hotel didn't seem to be very crowded while we were there, which was nice .

The breakfast that they served in the dining area behind the fireplace in the lobby was amazing. They served everything...cold cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, bacon (which was well done..just the way I like it), sausage, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, cocoa. It's a buffet style in a nook on the side of the dining area. They were very efficient at making sure that they didn't run out of anything. The dining area had larger long tables as well as tables for two so there was plenty of seating for everyone.

The hotel had plenty of parking and lots of landscape lighting so it is easy to see from the road. It's super close to the highway and the local mall, and several fast food places, a K Mart and the Ollie's Discount store.
Upon our departure the staff wished us a safe trip home and hoped they'd see us again.

All in all we were VERY happy with the accomodations and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: For folks traveling with pets, this hotel offers some pet friendly rooms. There is a $50 deposit if...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meri K
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Meri K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of your stay with us at the Homewood Suites. At the Homewood Suites we strive to make each and every guest feel welcome and it is clear by your comments that our staff achieved our goal in doing so.

I wanted to let you know that I have also talked with our engineering staff to insure that our pool temps are being monitored so that the water is not so chilly for our guest in the future.

Thanks again Meri K. I hope that you will stay with us again when visiting your family in Hagerstown

Hospitably,
Francine M Donachie

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family did a side trip to this hotel from an AT hike and we were very out of our element after having been on the trail for several days. Kathryn, the front desk manager, was truly exceptional in making our stay as comfortable as possible. All of the other staff were great too and went above and beyond to give us a hand. The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. Would definitely come back and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Good Day Kayeteekaye,

Thanks a million for taking the time to write such a nice review on Tripadvisor. I am so delighted that you notice our "home away from home" touches that the Homewood Suites by Hilton is known for. Being away from home can be stressful so our goal is to create a warm welcomeing environment for each of our guests.

It is my sincere hope that you stay with us again when doing business in Hagerstown. Thanks again for your kind comments,

Hospitably

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had not stayed at any of the Homewood Suites until my stay at Hagerstown, MD recently. I was in a king suite and could have been very comfortable there if I needed to stay for more than one night. While I like the retro look of the Springhill Suites and their modern flare, I really liked the 'home' feel of Homewood with ceiling fans and plump, comfy sofas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great place for short or extended stays. I spent several months here due to business and was very pleased for the experience. The hotel is kept in good working order and the staff (especially Katie) were extremely helpful making an extended period away from home bearable. The hotel provides breakfast 7 days a week and dinner Monday -Thursday. There are also a host of amenities that are truly convenient. Lots to do in the surrounding area as well...I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel based on the staff alone!

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the ground floor for the convenience, but all the rooms are comfortable and well...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BigBannana
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We made the journey from Cleveland, Ohio to the Outer Banks in North carolina last week. Hagerstown was a good stopping point, since we traveled with our 16 month old. Upon check-in, we told them we had a baby and we were given a room closest to a door at the back of the hotel. Perfect, since we had tons of stuff! The area is right off the highway, and there is a mall and plenty of restaurants and shops. Steer clear of Ruby Tuesday (that is another story!).
Room was very nice and clean. High ceilings, well appointed kitchenette, and ceiling fan in bedroom. We wanted a suite so we could put our son down early, and then hang out for a few hours in the main room. Bedroom had plenty of room for his pack 'n play which was his bed.The door between rooms was nice and solid, so we were able to talk and watch TV. Kitchen had microwave, complimentary popcorn (first time I watched an entire movie in awhile!), even cutlery and glasses and a dishwasher. Bathroom was nice and clean, tub and toilet separated by door from vanity and large mirrored closet doors. The gym was down the hall, very clean with a few treadmills and some free-weights. Outdoor patio with two gas grills and basketball hoop! We did not use the indoor pool , but it looked average.
Our only complaint was the king size bed was shot, so the mattress sagged in the middle. We booked for our return journey, and I told them the room was great, except for the bed. The manager thanked us for the feedback and would try to replace the bed so we could have that room again.
We returned a week later, and we were given a different room. When we went in, the room was immaculate, but the bed was not made! It looked as if someone had slept in it recently. The manager and housekeeping were horrified! It was immediately stripped and remade, and the manager gave us a discounted rate ($109). We were not as concerned as they, but we were impressed with the attention to the matter and the discount.
Overall, this is one of the best hotels we have used in a long time! We have paid twice the money to stay in inferior places, albeit in bigger cities. The rate is amazing for this place.The staff and management were friendly and attentive. We will probably always get a suite with our child. It makes life alot easier on the road! And we will always look for a Homewood Suites, even if it is a bit out of the way!

Room Tip: If you have a baby and need many trips to your car, get a room on the first floor near a parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Stach,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a favorable review of our hotel. It is my hope that your family enjoyed their family vacation at the Outerbanks and we are so pleased that you were able to make a quick stop in Hagerstown.

At the Homewood Suites we take pride in the fact that we know how to take care of families and I was so please to hear that your little one had a good night sleep and while the rest of the family enjoyed the evening in our spacious living area.

I also wanted to let you know how much we appreciated your feedback on the condition of your mattress. You will be happy to know that we are already working on upgrading our bedding package for the new year. The hotel is turning 5 this year and although it is not an old property we do believe that we must always be updating our product for the comfort of our guests.

Thanks again for staying with us,