“Decent hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Hagerstown

SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Decent hotel for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at their sister property but decided to try Springhill for the larger rooms since my wife and I were traveling with our 9 week old son. The room was nice and fairly spacious with the sitting area. My wife liked the extra sink in the area of the fridge and microwave. It is almost like a bar area with just a sink fridge and microwave. This area was very helpful for her to wash bottles and breast pumping supplies. The only complaints were the free breakfast was a little lacking on choice and the major issue was that the maid just started opening the door with one light knock at 8:30 am on Sunday without allowing us to respond or announcing housekeeping. This was not good since we were not even dressed. Other than one bad housekeeper I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a fan of the spring hills, and as a Marriott member with 2 young adult children, stay in them often for the extra space. As usual, the hotel was great in terms of breakfast, price, cleanliness, fitness center, etc. But I do have to say that the helpfulness and professionalism of the hotel staff, especially the front desk staff was STELLAR. So if being treated well is important to you, especially after a long day of driving, stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiesbaden , Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We decided to stay in Hagerstown for one night and came up with the Springhill Suites because of ist Location Close to the Valley Mall. The room looked exactly the same as one we had stayed in before in another Springhill Hotel in Norfolk,Va.
The staff in the Hotel was compared to other experiences before very friendly and motivated and the our stay was very comfortable.
I would say, when staying in the area you can´t do no anything wrong with this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Southern Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our teenage son. The staff was excellent-very friendly, efficient and helpful. Suite was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was better than most. It was quiet. didn't use the pool, exercise room or jacuzzi. They all looked very clean and there were even lift systems to help disabled guests into and out of the pool and jacuzzi. Looks like a lot of care was taken to accomodate disabled guests. The only con was the air conditioning in our room. We kept lowering it but it never seemed to go below a certain level. Still it was working and not really uncomfortable. Bathroom is separate from the vanity area. Helpful in getting ready as someone could be using the shower or toilet and others can still be getting ready. Overall very good hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thins I found to be positive:
VERY Friendly, helpful staff
EXCELLENT complimentary breakfast selections
Clean, roomy suites
Fridge/Microwave in room
Ample parking
Location near mall with beer store and restaurants nearby
Easy access to 81, easy to find
Nice pool, clean area
Nice outdoor patio by pool

I don't think anything here was bad, so I don't want these comments to be meant as negative. Just things to be aware of (we stayed in room 414). I was traveling for business and brought along my husband and children. Had I been traveling alone, most of this wouldn't have mattered, but there are points to keep in mind when traveling with children.
1 - The suite was large and roomy with a nice living area, but there is only one TV on a swivel base that turns from living room to bed area. Most suites we have stayed in have one TV in living area and one in sleeping space which allows my husband and me to watch our selection and the kids to watch their selection in the evening.

2 - The shower/toilet are in a separate room from the sink/mirror/vanity and there are no outlets in the bathroom. When I was getting up in the morning early to get ready for my meetings, I always woke everyone up TOO EARLY with the hairdryer and lights on the vanity. In the past, other suites have had a complete bathroom behind a door.

3 - There is not a light over the area where the the coffee pot/fridge/microwave is located, so I had to turn on the big light (and wake everyone up again) to make coffee in the morning.

4 - The beds were not really comfortable... not bad, but not what I'm used to at Marriott properties. (I was the only one bothered by this, everyone else in my party thought they were fine)

5 - The walls seemed very thin, as I was awakened by our neighbors alarm clock at 5am every day. Something seemed to rattle all night long. Not sure if it was HVAC or the AC unit in the room itself, but it was rattly and kept waking me up (i'm a light sleeper... everyone else slept just fine)

______________________
TIP: If you are in this area and looking for something fun to do related to history, check out Antietam National Battlefield. We took the kids here (2, 11, 13, 16) and spent 4 hours checking the place out and it entertained them that long. We were limited on time due to time of day, and could have spent an entire day here exploring, learning, and hiking. It's a GEM! If you are into photography, bring your camera, there are some GREAT spots for photos! The path from parking to Burnside Bridge has some great stone backdrops and the bridge area itself is just beautiful!

After we finished at the battlefield we went to a great local restaurant - Dan's Restaurant & Tap House. Nice, casual atmosphere, great food and craft beers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pompey, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Located just off RT81. This is a nice clean hotel in a good location. There are a mall and several restaurants nearby. The staff is friendly. The included breakfast is what you would expect (typical to most chain hotels).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel. The suite was great, the bed comfortable and a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. It was centrally located for the agenda that we had planned. Close to all of the historical places and also Gettysburg. The staff were very polite, helpful and informative. The maids kept the rooms very clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple