“Comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Nashville, Tennessee
“Comfortable”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Always nice to stay at SpringHill properties and this was not exception. Loaction is just off the highway and right next door to a mall - so - plenty of shopping and eating opportunities are nearby. Helpful staff. Good clean facilities. Bed was a little softer than I prefer but would not stop me from returning the next time I'm in town. Internet service was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cambria, VA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The room worked out fine for us, but with 2 adults and 3 kids, we needed to get the 2 queen bed with fold out couch room. Unfortunately there was barely enough space to walk around in the room because the beds and fold out (when folded out) took up all the space. Not a big deal. It was clean and everything worked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed a Saturday night at the hotel. Everything was fine -- we stayed in a nice suite with a jacuzzi. The problem was that at 6:30 a.m. the next morning the people in the room above us decided to use their jacuzzi. It sounded like a convoy of dump trucks coming through our room. Sleeping in was out of the question. They need to put some sound-proofing in those rooms. You don't pay $200 a night to be blasted out of bed at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is convenientally located at the intersection of I-70 and I-81 and is in a Mall. Like all Springhill Suites it has the mini-frig., microwave, bar-sized sink, and coffee pot. They also have the sofa, chair and desk for computer. All was clean and although mattress didn't feel like a pillow-top, it wasn't uncomfortable as some people say it was. They served the free breakfast and hubby said it was nice but nothing outstanding. I don't eat breakfast. The hotel was quiet, the staff very friendly and professional. I liked that it was in a Mall and could walk to the stores. We weren't in Hagerstown for any particular reason but that it was on our way home from W.VA. and we wanted to see it. They have a lot of good restaurants and a HUGE outlet mall. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephens City
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel with a large group for two nights. The staff at the front desk were pleasant. The room was very clean and convenient with a mini fridge, sink and microwave in each room. Sleeping however was difficult due to the traffic from I81 and because the bed was so hard. I had asked to change rooms the first morning and they never did call me with a new room assignment. Breakfast is typical hotel fare and is over by 9:30 so if you're not an early riser don't plan to eat there. The Marriott next door is just a few steps away and they have a nice bistro that serves hot food and Starbucks. After I checked out I realized I had left my jacket hanging in the closet but it was never turned into the front desk lost and found so be sure not to forget anything. Overall not a bad stay but beds could use some new mattresses.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the parking lot and not against the Interstate so you aren't listening to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

To begin, I like Marriott properties. Whenever I travel, I try to stay in a Marriott property.

We checked in late, but our room was ready. It was what was expected: two doubles and a pull-out coach. We like this arrangement because we have two kids. One can have one bed, and the other can have the coach. The beds are the one of the most important parts of a hotel, and that's why we like Marriott. Excellent beds. A great night sleep.

The breakfast is one of the better ones. It was a typical Springhill Suite breakfast: scrambled eggs, assorted breads, oatmeal, yogart, waffles, and a meat. I wasn't too thrilled about the turkey canadian bacon. But everything else was good.

We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you don't have a bad back when you check-in, you will when you check-out!

Beds are way too soft and apparently old. Upgrades needed now! The rest of the facility is better than average otherwise. Breakfast is typical but good. Facility is very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask about bed quality
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple