“Great recommendation.”

Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 268 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were traveling from Alabama to New York and stopped here for the night. We checked TripAdvisor for a place to eat lunch since we knew nothing about this area and this place was #1. We found the address and were impressed with the patio and the beautiful red geraniums. We decided to eat inside since it was a warm day. They brought us the lunch menus and it was so hard to decide. I had the Schnitzel and my friend had the pot roast. Both items were delicious. We also had dessert and felt it was reasonably priced for what we had. Wish it was closer so we could go back.

2  Thank 56Model
There are newer reviews for Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We took a Harley ride to Hagerstown on the 4th of July because it was a beautiful day in Maryland, which we don't often have during our humid summers. Most of the restaurants in mid-town were closed for the holiday but this restaurant was open. We sat in the back beer garden and got wonderfully attentive service from our server, dressed in Bavarian garb. We got the Wurst sampler and it was great to try all the different wursts. Our lunch was traditional and the bratwurst my husband had was Fab! The beer was cold and good. What a nice lunch!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wow! The quantity of food on our dinner plates was more than ample and absolutely wonderful! My friend and I both ordered the cheese soup and the Ulmer Metzger Platte. The cheese soup was delicious - very flavorful with croutons. The platter was authentic German and was a wonderful reminder of a recent trip to Germany. After reviewing the website online after our trip, I wish we had been 30 minutes earlier in order to have had the opportunity to order off of the lunch menu as it seems the sizes and the prices are more reasonable. The dinner menu is pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This restaurant offers the best German food i have had in the U.S. (I am originally from Germany). I can confirm the many previous reviews about the quality of food and staff - and as well the prices, which are not at the low end ... But then you have to consider the quality you are getting!
We are planning to come back often - definitely worth the hour drive we have from home!

1  Thank K-P-Springer
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The food is phenomenal service is friendly. I have been several times and have never been disappointed. Authentic great German food. A little pricey but well worth it.