WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant

Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 247 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Excellent food even if you can't pronounce any of the meals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had never been to Hagerstown and always want to try local fare. All the reviews are correct, This is a great place to go for dinner. The waitress gave a great recommendation of a beef and pork tips dish that was delicious. All of the sides were excellent as well. I'll be back!

LA PLATA
“Best Bavarian restaurant we've ever visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have eaten at Schmankerl Stube 7-8 times now and every meal has been excellent. Their pork shank is worth making the 24 hour advance order. I've had it 4 or 5 times and it seems to get better every time.

The wait staff are consistently attentive and pleasant. The food quantities are always too much - which is fine with us because we take it home and it makes several more yummy meals. The picture I uploaded shows my plate after I ate about as much as I could - and there was still a huge piece of pork shank remaining.

We usually try to save room for dessert. The carrot cake is my favorite - moist and not too sweet.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Authentic German Cuisine....just like at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

While visiting VA we popped over to the Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant for our Sunday dinner. Very good Bavarian German food. The only negative I would have was that my potato salad was served cold instead of warm. Nice atmosphere and a small Biergarten in the front. Good food, cold bier....delicious desserts. Enjoy! Would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank LCMey
Hagerstown
“PERFECT MEAL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Schmankerl Stube for Sunday dinner. We found the atmosphere to be so relaxing, nostalgic, and fun! The waitresses dress in authentic clothing and the host/owner, Charlie makes you feel very welcome. We were served a multigrain bread with whipped butter and a cheddar spread. Very good start. After reading over the menu we weren't sure what to choose. We opted for the "dinner for two" entree which gave us a sample of 3 different menu selections. Having never tried German style food, we felt this was a good opportunity to sample a few different things. The food arrived on a self serve platter, so we could help ourselves. Let me tell you, each and every bite was truly delightful! We love to try new places and the food here was some of the best we have ever had. The portion size was plenty for both of us. The service was amazing too. To top it all off we orderd coffee and a slice of Irish Creme Chocolate Cake. AMAZING! We savored every last bite. What a perfect meal. We found that we love German food and can't wait to go back!

2 Thank dink1012
Bennington, New Hampshire
“OUTSTANDING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go in Hagerstown.
Very authentic German food and outstanding service--you can't go wrong eating here.

1 Thank CHIEF9