“Pure authentic Bavarian food!”

Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 268 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow! From food, drinks and servers, the experience was hands down remarkable. You need to ask for a beer in a boot and is almost required to top off the experience. The beef tips were very flavorful. This is a must stop if you're looking for something different!

There are newer reviews for Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2013

If your looking for something different to try when dining out, then head for Schmankerl Stube Bavarian In Hagerstown. I recently enjoyed a pre fathers day [meaning the day before] dinner with my family at this fine restaurant. I had the Ulmer Metzger platte , which is [2] Bratwurst served w/ 2 mustards, sauerkraut, Spatzle [ egg noodles ] and veggie of the day, along with a delicious apple dessert. Everything was delicious. My family had the Hearty Sweet Sour Pot Roast and the Pepper Steak a'La Madagascar, with everyone enjoying. If you like wine try the Wienlaternchen , white wine served in a beer mug with a shot of raspberry liquor in the center... it's good if not to say different. We dined outside on the rear patio and it was very pleasant. Our waitress was very attentive and the owner greeted us and bid us farewell at the end of our meal. It's not the least expensive, but you get what you pay for and the meals were excellent. So if your looking for something out of the ordinary head for this fine restaurant in Hagerstown.

1  Thank Billy R
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and son and I went here for Father's Day. The restaurant is very nice, located in downtown Hagerstown. It has nice ambiance, tablecloths and linen napkins. My wife and I had the combination platter for two (which gives you a nice sampling of a lot of their dishes) and our son had schnitzel and pom frittes. We have made many trips to southern Germany (Bayern) Berchtesgaden and my wife is part German. We thought the food was very good and service very attentive. It is a bit pricey, but the restaurant has great atmosphere and it has an outside patio for dining as well in the back. We sat in a front side room. During our meal, the owner came to our table, as he did other tables to check to see if the service and food was up to standards. We were very pleased. I was particularly impressed with the amount of staff in the restaurant -- who all looked like they were tending to the customers very closely. The restaurant also has a nice bar..

1  Thank CHUKIE383
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food was OK but the service was very slow. Had to ask for a menu after about 15 minuets after I was seated and several waitresses had walked passed me.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've had a lot of experience both here and in Europe with Germanic cuisine since I work for a German company. The Schmankerl ranks as one of the worst. The atmosphere is nice and the wait staff attentive, if only they could cook a decent meal. I never mind paying for a good meal but their greasy, over fried version of Wiener schnitzel and nearly inedible apple strudel was not worth the $50+ I paid. This place is fine for a brew with friends at the bar, just stay away from the menu.

2  Thank A P