“great food”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Mayland
“great food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food and atmosphere, though overpriced. I eat here frequently. Only twice has service been bad (unbelievably slow). The food is always good, and there are high standards of service. The times when service was bad, however, there was no offer of recompense in any way. There are many regulars and I would assume that the owner knows that they will be back regardless.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank revenant

“I thought I was back in Bavaria again!! WUNDERBAR!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere and service at Schmankerl Stube were very nice, although I thought our waiter was a little too flirty with my daughter .., but the food...FANTASTIC!!! Oh my goodness, I had the Schweinehaxen (you have to order 24 hrs ahead) and it took me straight back to Bavaria!! Could not have been better. Everyone else at my table loved their meals as well, and their plates looked fantastic! Nice, large portions, served hot. Can't wait to go back!!! Not cheap, but well worth the price .. Except I thought their wine, although QUITE GOOD (house Riesling) was overpriced at $9 a glass.).

“Overpriced, awesome service, ok food.Go to Schmankerl Stube in Hagerstown instead if you want authentic German cuisine.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Have been to the Bavarian Inn several times over the last several years; eaten in the main dining area, buffet-style at a seminar, and in the Rathskeller. The service has been stellar each and every time, have found their "American" food (crabcakes, steak) to be very good, but I do not care to even try their wild game menu... And as for their German food ... EH. I lived in Bavaria for several years, and the food barely holds a candle to "real" Bavarian cuisine. If you want authentic German cuisine, go to the Schmankerl Stube in Hagerstown .. I feel like I'm back in Bavaria whenninasked eat there - TO DIE FOR. But... Back to the Bavarian Inn ... Generally, I was very disappointed last week (ate in the Rathskeller) .. And probably won't go back... mainly because it is simply not worth the price! Dinner for 2, one glass of wine, no other beverages, no apps, no dessert... $65.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We visisted the Schmankerl Stube this past Saturday, and it was truly excellent. Authentic atmosphere, great beer and wonderful food. I am from Holland and have spent a lot of time in Germany, and I was amazed to find such genuine Bavarian cooking in Hagerstown. Wish we had something like this in DC, well worth the drive - we will be back!

• Visited October 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Authentic and Friendly”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

LOVE this place - but you better love German food! The wieners are great! The beer is great! The service is very friendly. EVERYTHING I've had here has been wonderful. The Sunday brunch is a great opportunity to try lots of things. The owner is always there - and stops by every table to ask how everything is. If you like German food - you'll LOVE it here.

Visited December 2011