“Really Good. Really”
Review of Nick's Airport Inn

Nick's Airport Inn
Ranked #12 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 50 years, Nick's Airport Inn has been serving quality cuisine from scrumptious seafood to delectable desserts to vintage wines! Our phenomenal growth over the years attests to our reputation for serving the best of everything - choice meats and seafood, farm-fresh vegetables, and homemade breads. Our dishes are all made from scratch using the finest ingredients! Guests return time and again to enjoy a number of superb entrees like Nick's Famous Crab Cakes with jumbo lump crab and housemade tartar or the Sizzlin' Certified Black Angus N.Y. Strip Steak. Enjoy your meal in one of Airport Inn's ten elegantly appointed dining room including an atrium-enclosed piano bar. Our staff can also meet all of your party and catering needs with in-house facilities ready to accommodate parties from 10 people to 100! Call today to ask about our on- or off-site catering options. When you're looking for a superb dining experience for your special occasion or casual Friday night supper, join us at Nick's Airport Inn!
Reviewed February 2, 2014

After a series of disappointments, we gave up on this old friend for about ten years. But having heard some good reports-- bolstered by good reviews on Tripadvisor-- we decided to try the Airport again.
Arriving, we found both the lounge and the dining room quite busy--a good sign. Seated in the main dining room, our waitress appeared and welcomed us. She was very friendly and well-informed about the changes made over the past several years. Our drink order was taken and drinks appeared quickly. Our waitress explained the specials-- but I was going for old favorites for purposes of comparison. Clams casino-- excellent. Salads-- nice and fresh. My filet mignon and my wife's Dover sole were also excellent. And, for dessert, coconut cream pie made according to Shirley's old recipe-- as good as ever.
This really was a wonderful experience. It truly was a reunion with an old friend. We'll be back.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We go there without fail whenever we're within striking distance of it. This is as good a restaurant as we've ever patronized throughout the U.S., possibly the world!!! The food, service, décor and overall ambience is wonderful. All of the servers,but particularly Mel are the friendliest you'll ever find not to mention efficient and gracious. The food is consistently wonderful and the pricing is beyond our belief. It's not so easy to find, but to find it is well worth the effort. We recommend it to everyone who find themselves going to the PA, MD area off of RT.81.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I made a reservation at Nick's Airport Inn to celebrate my husband's birthday. This was our 2nd trip here for dinner. Our first was 34 years ago as struggling college students that had dated for two years, and wanted to celebrate our anniversary. Well, after dating for four and 1/2 years, and getting ready to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary in April, I decided it was time to return. We have moved 14 times, and have finally returned to Hagerstown. So I wanted to make his first birthday back memorable. Was it ever! To say the food was outstanding is a grave understatement! He had the crab cake dinner, and I barely saw them on his plate before they were gone. I have several serious food allergies, but really wanted to have a nice, "real" meal. Was I ever pleased! I had the Farm Raised Tilapia a la Francis, with Jumbo Crab/Pecans/Apricots and Lemon Butter. The only bad thing was that I had to finish the last bite. I wanted it to last forever. The combination of tastes was exquisite. And as I typically have to pair down my meals to a basic piece of fish in most restaurants due to my allergies, this was a treasured delight. Unbelievable. A special thank you to our wonderful server, Amy S., who explained everything in detail to make sure that everything I ordered would not cause an allergic reaction. She and my husband also bonded over the type of wine and after dinner scotch he ordered, and the total experience became very personable. As a fellow Greek, I can assure you that Nick's Airport Inn has what it takes to guarantee you an outstanding dining experience. The ambiance, the excellence of the staff and, of course, the unbelievably outstanding entrees. Yasou Niko!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent menu selections, well prepared. Best lump crap cakes you'll eat anywhere. Greek style offerings. Next to Hagerstown Regional Airport.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We recently had dinner here with friends and it was very good. The decor was nice and the seating comfortable. Our waiter was very friendly and the meal progressed at an enjoyable pace. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and when I asked for my steak to be prepared medium well it actually came out that way without having to engage in a contest of wills with the chef. Desserts were also enjoyable. It is not quite five star but close. It is a nice alternative to chain restaurants and is a good location for a fine dinner or to celebrate a special occasion.