Tripadvisor

Review of Hartles Subs

Hartles Subs
Ranked #66 of 340 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hartles has been a Hagerstown tradition for more than fifty years. It’s not a new shiny fast food place, but for local folks it’s a Mecca. They prepare your sub the way you want to eat it. My favorite is steak and cheese with grilled onions no other yummies. The Hartles on Potomac street is the original- they are still making subs the same way—DELICIOUS.
On the wall is a map where you can use a push pin to identify your hometown. It’s a slice of life history at how quick food can be prepared just for you.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Orders are always ready and exactly what you asked for. Great service food is excellent. Plenty of meat and vegetables. Best in town!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2017

I have been eating their subs since I was a child in the 50"s. I rember going there when the price for a sub was 35 cents and I played junior league basketball at the school in the next block. The subs have always been large and full of what evermeat you ask for with cheese,strong onions and hot sauce if wanted. An old family type of deli.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Harltes has been around a long time, I used to stop there for my boss a lot. Probably only because the company would buy my lunch also. I always fund there subs to be over rated. so much bread very little content

Date of visit: January 2017
Thank Roy & Eilee... C
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Still a great sandwich. Haven't been here for roughly 15 years, lived out state. Visiting from Florida, had to see if the same. Italian sub just as I remember.

Date of visit: April 2017