WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Families with children
Maryland
“Simply delicious.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stopped by Thai Zap this past Sunday for a late lunch on our way to Western MD. By suggestion of the manager, I tried two dishes I was not familiar with: the Thai sausages for appetizer, and an entree which name I can't remember, but basically is a yellow curry of chicken, fresh noodles and crispy noodles. The yellow curry was incredible! My wife had the Thai fried rice and was very happy with it. We liked the food so much that we went again in the evening for a quick Pad Thai fix, and we were happy again with the food.
I cannot comment on the slow pace of service experience by other reviewers, since it was only us and another table or two. The service was attentive and reasonably fast. The place opened a month ago, so hopefully they will work out the logistics. But for sure they got the menu and the food right from the beginning.
I am making this a mandatory stop on my shopping and hiking days in the area!

• Visited September 2013

Hagerstown, Maryland
“New synonym for delicious: Thai Zap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Service is definitely on the leisurely side of the scale at Thai Zap but your tastebuds will thank you for days on end for taking the time to experience the delectables a Thai Zap has to offer.

I ordered the Thai sausages appetizer and the Kow Soy chef special. And I will order them again and again, and I will tell my friends to order them as well. Oh, and they have pretty high end green tea which I also had.

The atmosphere was cozy chic. The restaurant maybe seats 60-70. Larger groups could fit since there are small tables that could be pushed together.

One thing to mention, they don't serve alcohol but that wasn't a turn off for me but I realize that's probably something readers might be interested to know about.

This restaurant is a must eat! If you're not sure what to try, ask the waiters. They're very knowledgeable and are great at making recommendations.

• Visited September 2013
“Very Happy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to Thai Zap tonight and were quite happy with it. The service was a bit slow, as somebody else said, but the food was excellent. My daughter had the shrimp fried rice and raved. My husband very much enjoyed his duck Krapow. He had it medium spice, and he said it was actually medium. If you really like spicy, you may want to go for hot. I had the Ladna, which I liked, but my husband thought was boring. It is an average "Asian" sort of flavor, as opposed to really Thai. I think the sauce tasted kind of like egg foo young sauce. I liked it a lot. Only get it if you like very soft noodles, though. Which I do. They do not yet have their full dessert and drink menus, but we were impressed with the mango & sticky rice that we had. We also found out that they'll deliver, which is quite exciting!

1 Thank Kbochick
“Only Thai game in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This place just opened up this week. I probably should have ordered something Thai I am familiar with to leave a proper review of the food. I got the zap Thai duck special. It had a lot of large pieces of ginger in it (which I like) but I could see how others might not. Our server was very intent on asking how the duck was and how it could be improved upon. He caught me off guard so I don't feel my answer was very constructive. My wife got the... choa chee??? Can't remember what it was called (see food based special) she said she like it. I tried it, I thought the flavors were unique (In a good way)

On the negative side the portions were kinda small and the service a bit slow considering we were the only people there ( not too slow but like I said, only people there).

The inside is nice and set up to accomadate a lot of people in that small space. They need a much bigger sign and more advertising.

1 Thank fastcountach
“Great Thai in downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant just opened this week. We had a great meal. The food seems quite authentic. And they deliver within 5 miles. This will definitely be at the top of the list for take out and casual lunches and dinners.

1 Thank Beth J