“Unsatisfied customers/ dirty dishes (poisonous) infected my lip”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #73 of 262 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unsatisfied customers/ dirty dishes (poisonous) infected my lip”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I ate there yesterday with my husband. The food was ok. Natalie was our waitress.she was nice and helpful. But I'm very upset, they need to dissinfect The cups. I got poison ivy On my upper lip. Will not be returning, and will see my doctor, maybe a lawyer

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cira1love

Falling Waters, West Virginia
“Not worth the price!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have eaten there on other occasions and have never been excited about going there, or to any other buffet for that matter. On our most recent visit, for breakfast, we agreed that it would probably be our last one. Some of the selections were empty and not replenished during the entire time we were there. Other items were not heated as we thought they should have been. Just not a enjoyable breakfast.

• Visited January 2014
DeLand, Florida
“All you want to eat Hot or cold homemade food.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Typical buffet food items with a fresh grill station and Wok station. Wonderful cheese biscuits and of course their desserts are always good. Prices vary to the time of day. Senior discounts are very nice. They are located behind the mall. Staff helpful.

Visited November 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Go when they are busy”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've eaten at this Golden Corral a few times in the past, normally when they are busy.
This time we ate there during the slow hours. Food had been sitting a while. Nobody 'manning' the grill. Desert area didn't have much on it.
When they are busy the food is fresh and the food prep people are busy.

• Visited November 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Lunch and dinner...tasty. Breakfast....not anymore!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First off, lunch and dinner buffets are the usual and what they always have been...crowd pleasing, full of comfort food that is always on point and always delicious. The mashed potatoes are excellent as is most other offerings.

Second...the breakfast.

Ugh.

That's all I can think any longer. This used to be one of our family's favorite places for breakfast as you're not reduced to just scrambled eggs out of a carton (they still have the omelet station and you can also do over-easy or over-medium eggs), but lately ever since the 'new' changes have been made chain-wide, it's taken a downturn.

On our last breakfast visit (which will surely be the last in a LONG time!) the new French toast wasn't cooked all the way (I like mine a tad mushy, in defense...however, I do NOT want raw egg that is still cold on a 'cooked' piece of bread), the sausage that is supposedly seasoned in store was bland, that is, if you found a piece that had been cooked all the way and not pink or red in the center. I've always been a fan of their bacon, but there is no need for bacon to be served four different ways.

All in all, the changes they've made to breakfast made it go downhill and if they'd revert back, we'd go back.

Dinner and lunch are still viable options and we have visited since for lunch.

• Visited September 2013