“Delicious coffee”
Review of port city java

port city java
“Delicious coffee”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Independent coffee house- the coffee is far superior to places like Starbucks- my favorite is the mocha shake- delicious! There is a drive through in the back of the shopping center, if you don't want to go in.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelinggnome48

Hagerstown
“Great Coffee in unique atmosphere”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great brewed coffee, but also offer many specail coffee drinks. Large selection of desserts and gift items too. The atmosphere is unique and hip. A neat place to hang out and visit with friends or take a much needed break from a busy day. Always receive great service and yummy coffee.

• Visited July 2013
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm by no means a coffee freak but I do enjoy a nice cup of coffee, especially on a cold winter day. We can walk to Port City Java from our house and it is a nice place to have a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a snack as they also serve light fare. We were somewhat surprised that this coffee shop has been able to make it in today's economy but they seem to be doing fine. They also host open mike nights on a regular basis. They younger crowd seems to really enjoy the place as well.

Visited December 2012
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Comfy cafe, inside and out”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've only been to Port City Java once so, this is more a first-impression type of review. The environment was laid back and casual with sort of a hipstery younger crowd vibe with folks chatting in small groups or in singles on laptops. The barista was very friendly and forthcoming when I asked her for some recommendations for something to drink; I went with a grande Snickers ($4.60) which indeed had all of the sweet-tooth-satisfying elements of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. While I was waiting for my candy bar in a cup, I enjoyed looking at their community stand which has small stacks of business cards for local reflexologists, independent consultants, etc. There are also shelves of artisan mugs that are for sale.

The location of the cafe is wonderful for many reasons: parking is a snap and they have a lovely courtyard for fresh-air-breathing and tasty-beverage-sipping when the weather is nice as it usually is in mid-to-late April. Suffice it to say that I am looking forward to returning and I'm thankful it's conveniently located in between my home and my work!

• Visited April 2013
“Great Coffee and Tunes”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great coffee and live mostly acoustic tunes. The pastries are good to. The tables outside are great too.

Visited April 2013