“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of port city java

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
port city java
Cuisines: Cafe
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm by no means a coffee freak but I do enjoy a nice cup of coffee, especially on a cold winter day. We can walk to Port City Java from our house and it is a nice place to have a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a snack as they also serve light fare. We were somewhat surprised that this coffee shop has been able to make it in today's economy but they seem to be doing fine. They also host open mike nights on a regular basis. They younger crowd seems to really enjoy the place as well.

Visited December 2012

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Comfy cafe, inside and out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've only been to Port City Java once so, this is more a first-impression type of review. The environment was laid back and casual with sort of a hipstery younger crowd vibe with folks chatting in small groups or in singles on laptops. The barista was very friendly and forthcoming when I asked her for some recommendations for something to drink; I went with a grande Snickers ($4.60) which indeed had all of the sweet-tooth-satisfying elements of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. While I was waiting for my candy bar in a cup, I enjoyed looking at their community stand which has small stacks of business cards for local reflexologists, independent consultants, etc. There are also shelves of artisan mugs that are for sale.

The location of the cafe is wonderful for many reasons: parking is a snap and they have a lovely courtyard for fresh-air-breathing and tasty-beverage-sipping when the weather is nice as it usually is in mid-to-late April. Suffice it to say that I am looking forward to returning and I'm thankful it's conveniently located in between my home and my work!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Great Coffee and Tunes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great coffee and live mostly acoustic tunes. The pastries are good to. The tables outside are great too.

Visited April 2013
Cascade, Maryland
“Coffee, tea, goodies and WiFi... what more do we need?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This coffee shop & cafe is wonderful. They serve delicious coffee, many variations of flavored and fancied-up styles as well as basic, excellent regular and decaf. The selection of teas is excellent. The snacks and nibbles are always tempting and a light lunch of sandwiches and wraps, etc., is also a treat. The WiFi is free, newspapers are available, there are both tables and big, soft, comfy chairs. The atmosphere is cheerful and relaxed and the counter service is always quick and smiling. This is a real gem in an unexpected place, set back in a little corner of a strip shopping center near Hagerstown, MD. It has quickl become a great favorite!

Visited January 2013