“Hope they never close!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hope they never close!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Awesome food, awesome service, just awesome all around. Best fried chicken I've had and the sweet potatoes are to die for!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lmiller719

Frederick, Maryland
“Soul food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Since we could see the episode of Restaurant Impossible about the Georgia Boy Café in Hagerstown we wanted to go there to taste the food ourselves. It is so delicious, really soul food. I never in my life ate a more delicious fried chicken. We were there again and will be dine in again and again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank floridalady1
Maryland
“Food was excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Even though we live in town it had been some time since we visited Georgia boy and since we had family from the south visiting we decided to check it out. We were not disappointed and our southern family members were impressed also. Everything is made to order so it takes a little longer than normal. There are even specials that are not on the menu that he makes every night. Since all seven of us got something different it's hard to recommend one thing as it all was delicious. I highly recommend the homemade cheesecake that was about three inches thick and the hot peach cobbler with bourbon ice cream, those two combos are amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go, nice relaxed atmosphere with very friendly employees.

1 Thank AugustGoldilocks
Rovigo, Italy
“South's soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I and my husband tried this restaurant for the first time two weeks ago. Inside the place looks completely renovated: the style is pretty modern whit cosy and warm details. The owner is very nice, ready to explain the dishes and their traditions. The food is great! I tried the Green fried tomatoes and the fried catfish: amazing! The tomatoes have served in a multi-floors composition with fresh mozzarella and fresh leaves basil, plus a reduction of balsamic vinegar...yummy! The catfish was a really generous portion, rich of tender meat with a crunchy crust. I founded a really beautiful place!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank SaraRaimondi
Lindon, Utah
“Great find from watching Food Network”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

OK - so I watched an episode of "Restaurant Impossible" and they overhauled this restaurant called Georgia Boy Cafe. It was in Hagerstown, MD and I was planning a business trip to that area, so I put it on my calendar to check it out.

I am glad that I did. Theresa met us at the door, sat us at a table and provided outstanding service through the entire meal. We started with gator bites, fried pickles and cheesy waffle fries. Then for entres we tried the Chicken and Waffles and Pork Ribs and sampled collard greens, mac & cheese and baked beans. For dessert we tried the chocolate and peanut butter cake and the bacon brownie.

The price was great three of ate for under $100 and we had appetizers, entres and dessert.

Everything was well prepared and tasted very good. If you're within a 50 mile radius of Hagerstown, it's worth the drive in my opinion. Thanks for a great meal.

• Visited March 2014