“Fantastic food & music” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 11 Bars & Pubs in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Maloo's provides the best in casual pub style food. We offer something for everyone. From hand patted burgers and homemade soups, to a New York strip steak and Bangers and Mash, or fresh salads and creative sandwiches, Maloo's has it covered!
Wellsburg, Iowa
“Fantastic food & music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ate here two nights in a row, we enjoyed the food so much! Our first night we enjoyed the live singer that was playing. He was very good and the atmosphere was great! We will definitely make a return trip to this pub!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Karen M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skip this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Service people were rude, brought AND charged for food which was not ordered. Happy hour prices advertised on the table were not honored. In fact we were charged more than double the amount for a rail drink. Food was pretty good. Waitress talked down to us, saying we should have asked what was available. We will not be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Good for a late night drink and music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to Maloo's for the first time this past weekend with a friend of mine just to grab a beer and some conversation. We were happy to find a local band, Dem Guise, doing a great job playing covers of classic rock artists. We didn't partake in the menu, we just had a Yuengling and a Shock Top. There is more seating than at first glance but due to the close quarters, the music became the forefront of the dark and cozy atmosphere making conversation a little difficult.

The location is convenient - located within walking distance of several housing developments and the community college. It's also a short drive from Rt. 40 (dual highway). There is plenty of parking and the average age of the crowd seems to be 30s and up although my friend (who has been to Maloo's more times that I have) assures me that the age tends to fluctuate throughout the week.

If you enjoy the bar scene then give it a try! It's a very low-key, down to earth, no frills joint that I'll definitely be revisiting.

• Visited May 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Nice little place with quality food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I ate at Maloo's recently. I've been wanting to try it for some time,but finally got around to it. We found the service to be pleasant and courteous. The waitress was attentive even though she was handling all the tables in the dining area, including a couple large groups. I ordered the USS Maloo burger, which comes with a crab cake on it. My husband got the Fiesta Wrap. Both were delicious. My burger was perfectly cooked. Definitely rates as one of the the top 5 burgers I've ever had. It was juicy and cooked just the way I ordered it and you could tell they make their own patties as the burger is formed with an irregular shape. The only suggestion I would make would be to season the burger a little more as the patty itself lacked some flavor. The fries that came with both are meals are so addicting. Their seasoned so well you almost don't need ketchup. My husband's wrap was also delicious as the chicken was moist and tender with a little kick from the jalapenos, but not too much. This time we didn't get any beers, but next time for sure! Also interested in trying their fried cheesecake on our next visit. Needless to say we will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JacksonJeep
Hagerstown, Maryland
“World's best sex on the beach and crab cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Love the crab cakes and their fries are yummy. Great drinks and great value! Karaoke and live bands are so much fun!

3 Thank styxfanerin