“Typical Motel 6”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
morganville NJ
“Typical Motel 6”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

liked that it was one story outside corridors, tall fence separating from adjacent shopping center. Usual cups and soap only inside. Adequate, typical, for that I give 3 stars because nothing luxurious even if no problems.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank dogtired2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Maine
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed here one night (3/4/12) and found it just okay. The price was great (around $50) and we were traveling with 3 small dogs and weren't charged any extra for pets. That in itself was wonderful! The checkin was easy and fast. The room, beds and bathroom were all extremely clean but had this weird smell so we turned on the a/c unit and it seemed to help. The only issue we had was that people kept taking all the ice out of the machine for their coolers, leaving none for anyone else and the front desk kept allowing this to happen. This is definitly a no-frills place but if you're looking for a good, clean bed in a clean room at a decent price (and pet friendly to boot!)- this is the place.

Room Tip: try to stay in the main bldg so you are closer to the office and vending area. Otherwise, you are t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheri L
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Well it actually has a bathroom and a sink as well, but for it's very inexpensive price it's a fine place to stay for the night. The room was kind of smelly (like stale smoke, although it non-smoking). And they allow pets which is nice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank IceCreamLuvr

Travelers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels

Fort Erie, Ontario
Reviewed November 8, 2011

When I opened the door to my room I smelled a strong musty odor combined with cheap air freshener which was sickening. I left the outside door open a little until I went to bed to get some fresh air flowing. You do not get any extras in your room except soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. No iron or ironing board, coffee maker, or fridge, not even an alarm clock. They do offer free coffee in the morning at the front office, but don't sleep in too late. The office also has a coin-operated washer and dryer and a microwave. My one-bed room had a bed, small table and chair, TV, closet and bathroom. The room was clean, but the odor I mentioned above was powerful. I think I had room 223, so if you get that room, leave your bags in your car until you smell your room. You might want to ask for another one.
I booked my room Cheap Tickets which gave this hotel a two-star rating, but it's definitely a one. If all you want is a really cheap room, this could be for you, but I certainly would shop around before I book here again. Though it was cheap, I wouldn't call it a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is one of the better Motel 6's that I have stayed at. Friendly competent staff, very clean, good parking, all one level, new bathtub/shower, very comfortable bed! In fact so comfortable that I overslept but no problem since checkout time is noon. There is a shopping mall right across the street and the motel location was easy to find. I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone on a budget. I've noticed that some folks don't realize Motel 6 does not furnish much in the way of extra frills (hairdryer, clock radio, shampoo) but the savings are worth it to me. Also they welcome dogs, which is one of the reasons I like Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank northsouthq
East Freetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Like I wrote in another review, I stayed in a non-smoking room but it smelled like cigs! This place made me feel a lot safer than in Jersey. The room was very clean, there were pamphlets about area attractions, just a lot more of a hotel setting than some seedy joint. The bathroom was very clean and spacious and you can't beat the cost, it was only $49! I just stopped in on my way home from a long road trip for a nap but I'd do it again if I had to.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jeanalyon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I had to make a last minute trip to Hagerstown for a meeting and while I can drive there from home thought it a better idea to arrive the night before, get some sleep, and be fresh for the meeting. It's a Motel 6 and not a Hilton/Sheraton/Marriott. I don't recall staying in a Motel 6 before so didn't know what to expect.

The room was clean, had an old school tube TV and a somewhat beat looking sink/counter area just outside the bathroom. There was a table and chair where I was able to get some work done. Internet is not free but I think it was about $4 for 24 hours. The towels are about the worst I have ever experienced in a motel/hotel. Small, I mean really small, and very coarse.

There were some less than desireable (from appearance) guests staying there and going back and forth between rooms but there was no problems and when it came time for me to hit the sack all was quiet.

Like I said in the title of this review, you get what you pay for. The room was $39.99 plus tax. I got a good nights sleep, though not the most comfortable bed, and that is all I was hoping for. One more thing, the staff was very nice....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business