“Bad location”

Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again due to the bad location. It is on the other side of the freeway away from all of the other hotels. It's located in an isolated trucking area and has security problems. When you check in they take a photo copy of your drivers license and all doors need card key to open,

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I apoligize that you felt our motel was not a safe place. We do have security cameras and everything is well lit . The key cards system is the most secure system there is and programmed for each room with no number on them.

Sincerely

Phyllis

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had planned a two weeks vacation and had managed to miss one night between two of our extended stays. This hotel got very good reviews so I booked it. I'm so glad I did. It has to be one of the best Super 8s I've stayed at. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was excellent. Only complaint was the person pacing in the room above us all night, but the bed was so nice that I still got a pretty good nights sleep. The front desk staff was very friendly. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca A
phyllisf_12, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for rating your recent stay with us , we value your feedback and are pleased to have you stay at our property. We hope u will stay with us again in the future

Reviewed August 31, 2013

It's nice to get a pleasant surprise by finding a chain Super 8 that is cleaner, better managed and a great value that almost any others. I look forward to staying here again when in the area. Separate truck parking lot, with a guard gate is a great plus. Eat before you arrive. In the morning you will see more helpful staff members than usual.

Room Tip: I stayed in a ground floor non-smoking room, I assume they are the same judging from the overall app...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
phyllisf_12, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recnet stay with us at our property. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Our staff takes pride in our guest service and cleanliness of the property. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them, for a job well done .

We look foreward to serving you again in the future for all your lodging needs !!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Paid extra to get a nice, large, "king bed + sofa bed suite", and found it was a regular sized room. The pic shows a separate bedroom for the king bed, but the room was nothing like the pic. The room was clean and the staff was nice, but not worth the extra money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
phyllisf_12, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay at our hotel. I do appolgize for the confusion with the pictues of the rooms. The pictures are standard photo's and our website does disclose that actual room may vary under all our photo's. The photo you saw for for the jacuzzi suite not the king /sofa bed pull out. Again I do sincerely appoligize for this inconveinence and hope that you will stay with us again in the future . Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and i will make some calls to see if I can get this changed.

Again we thank you for letting us know and we appreciate your business .

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having hotel/motel experience I tend to try hard not to be to critical. The carpet is very damp from the exterior wall about 2.5 ft.....the room smells and feels very damp. I had a medical emergency that necessitated leaving within 20 minutes of arriving. We arrived back about an hour and a half later. I immediately got in bed, tried to call the front desk snd the phone did not work...no dial tone. Unplugged and replugged twice. The room does seem clean....but the musty and damp feel and smell is not nice at all. We did notice when we returned the parking lot was full. I am not feeling well so moving was not an option but I wanted to call and let someone know at the front desk of the problems. Oh....I have never seen such small inadequate pillows! Very small and flat...not comfortable or supportive at all! Come on...people stay at hotels to REST and RELAX. Invest in pillows for your guests!

• Stayed: August 2013
phyllisf_12, General Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

I am so sorry for the experience that you had, since your visit we have invested in brand new larger pillows . Please allow us to have you as a guest again and we will make sure you have a great night.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's the little things that make the difference between winning and losing a customer. This Super 8 is definitely a WINNER!!

I stayed at this Super 8 at both ends of my trip from North Carolina to New York. Both times, my stay was superb...from the friendly front desk clerk- Elaine, the spacious,spotless and nicely decorated rooms (with refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV), to the well-appointed continental breakfast (served in a neat, clean and inviting sitting area- with a TV).

In my opinion, this Super 8 rivals many of the high-end motels. I truly enjoyed my stay here and look forward to returning soon again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
phyllisf_12, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thak you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and that the staff was friendly and helpful, and also that your rooms were clean and well maintained. I will be sure to pass all this information on to the staff (Front desk, and hosekeeping) Our staff takes pride in ensuring that you receive good customer service and a clean and well maintained room for a fair price. We are please to have you as a guest , and we look foreward to serving you again in the future for all your lodging needs.