“Hotel located in Truck Stop Area”

Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This may not appeal to some but Jane and I are pilot car drivers that escort oversize loads. That aside, our stay was perfect. This property is clean and neat. It includes a fridge and microwave. Even though the location is right in the middle of three truck stops, our room was quiet. The price is a good value for the area and still close to all the restaurants and services in that area. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be turned off by the truck stops around the hotel. It is clean and neat - good value for t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms are roomy, large tv, microwave, small fridg, coffee maker. I couldn't get the clock on the clock radio to work, but maybe it was user error.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you travel with a pet on a regular basis you know that oft times the rooms you are given are, shall we say, not the cream of the crop. This hotel makes sure the pet rooms are clean and I promise you, they are nice. New flat screens and top notch mattresses make kicking back with Fido a win. While I was checking in a regular requested a specific room saying "it was the best mattress he ever slept on" and truckers know the best spots for sleeping and eating. Staff was very nice, def a place I will book again should work or play take me that way.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be fine
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie-Ann C
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I often travel with my two Scottish Terriers and have stopped several times at the Super 8 in Hagerstown, Maryland. For an overnight with my pets, I find that Super 8's are the best value. They don't gouge you with fees that, if spread over a week's or longer stay, might be okay, but for an overnight, these nonrefundable fees, often $100 or more, aren't where I chose to spend my money. Super 8's are franchised, so pet policies pertaining to fees can vary from one location to another, and among the several locations where I have stayed, I have either not paid fee, paid a minimal fee or had a deposit held against damages and refunded when I checked out. I think this hotel was one where a deposit was refunded as I left, but whatever the policy may be, it's reasonable. For different locations, I have been able to find out what fees I can expect by calling the Super 8 reservation number and that information is generally accurate.

I have never had an issue at any of the Super 8s I've stayed in that would lead me to not return, but the Hagerstown/Halfway Area location is one of the best. It's clean, well maintained, and the staff has been warm and gracious. The truck stop in front of the hotel has been cited as a negative by some reviewers, but for me, a woman traveling alone with her dogs, I like it. The truck stop is down a deep incline from the hotel, so the noise and lights are not bothersome from the rooms. When walking my dogs late at night, I find the lights and activity comforting and much better than being alone in a dark and empty parking lot. I've never had an issue with pet odors, fleas or pet hair during any of the (at least) five times I've stayed here. If you have a dog, you know that they sniff these odors out, and this has not happened in this hotel. The Hagerstown/Halfway Area Super 8 has become my regular stop on my way to visit my daughter in NYC and I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you think you might have an issue with the activity at the truck stop, ask for a room at the back...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family