“Not the best night's sleep”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
CALLICOON CENTER
“Not the best night's sleep”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Not very well insulated, can hear highway traffic and walls very thin! Had to have my room changed due to loud guests above my room around 12:00 at night. Front desk did not handle the situation very well, calling the room above me and telling them that I was complaining about the noise and he was calling the police!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I'm sorry for how this was handled. It is normal that if there is a noise complaint for any room, we will call the room first and ask them to quiet down. However, it is never procedure to say where the complaint came from, and this was addressed with the night employee immediately after we found out about this issue. Please accept our apology for this. If you return in the future, perhaps we can give you a room that's not on the highway side as well. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'd like to preface this review by saying I select hotels for holidays through a combination of price and reviews. This Microtel represented a decent review with a slightly higher than expected price ($84 internet rate including taxes and fees). The lobby appeared neat and orderly; but we did have to wait for a clerk to appear at the desk (after dialing a number on the phone in the center of the desk--we arrived at 5pm). Our room was a queen double with very little extra space (two people could not pass each other in front of the beds). The furniture was formica with the refrigerator sitting alone with the microwave on top. The simple wall locker had a sloped top and the TV sat upon it, six feet above the floor. The mattresses were comfortable, although the dark mirrors behind both beds gave us the impression we were being watched!
If you can picture a simple bathroom with a "fast-food" style toilet seat (no cover) and a bathtub with remnants of some form of glued bathmat remaining on the floor, you'll have the correct image of our room's facilities. We absolutely would not bathe our 4-year old in the tub! Please note the pictures you see of the bathroom online must be of the suites because ours looked nothing like the one in the picture.
Breakfast was adequate with a small selection of bagels and muffins, and a single waffle maker. Two bruised apples complimented one old orange in a basket, and the orange and apple juices sat in pictures containing ice.
This experience was my first in a Microtel and I can honestly say I will avoid staying in one in the future if at all possible.

Room Tip: Best room selection is in the back as the front of the hotel faces I-81.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HagerstownMicrotel, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I’d first like to apologize for the short delay at check-in, as this is not typical and has been addressed with our staff as a result. I’m also very sorry that there were issues with your bathtub. I will make sure that this is addressed with our maintenance department so that it can be fixed. Thank you for writing your review and hopefully we’ll have another opportunity to serve you the next time you’re passing through.

Travelers are raving about these Hagerstown hotels