“dimly light bathroom”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Interlochen, Michigan
“dimly light bathroom”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've stayed here once before and liked it. The fact they are pet-friendly is wonderful. The lobby stairs tend to gather folks who "oohh & ahh" at the cute dogs as they check in or out. I would choose a room on the south side because it looks out upon an extremely attractive pasture with boulders & trees, showing off western Maryland's natural beauty. There is a picnic table out there so you can sit & admire the view. The staff is friendly, and our rooms have always been clean. On this (our second visit) we were dismayed with the bathroom arrangement. It was not like our room the 1st time. There was a shower stall (nice & spacious & clean) & the toilet in a "closet" that was very dimly lit. The yellowy overhead light was so dim it made it feel creepy & not clean. We asked maintenance if they could replace the bulb with a brighter one and was told none were available, that was the new "style". Yuk! My other batroom complaints were that there was very little counter space at the sink area and that the lone towel hook in the shower closet was slippery gleaming chrome & so no matter how carefully you hooked your towel or bathrobe over it, it was sure to slide right off into or onto or next to the toilet. Double yuk.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom with good lighting!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sismd133, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for recently being our guest and taking the time to share your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful scenery in our back yard. We receive many compliments regarding the pasture with the sheep, and the quiet country setting. I am sorry that you found the bathroom lighting to be dim. The new CFL light bulbs take longer to warm up and become bright. We are listed as a "green" property, and we have adopted many energy saving policies. The bulbs will get bright, but they aren't bright as soon as you turn on the switch. It can take some getting used to. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Respectfully,

Kathy Vrcic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was visiting the Washington DC area with my mom and dad and on my way back to Missouri, we stopped at the Sleep Inn & Suites. This was the most accomodating & the most comfortable stay that I have ever had any hotel. Since I was traveling with my mom and dad, who are elderly; Jodi, the front desk clerk, was wonderful accomodating them. She was very understanding and compassionate towards their needs and made sure that we had everything that we needed. I will recommend Sleep Inn & Suites to anyone that is traveling in the Hagerstown, MD and I am looking forward to my next trip to DC, just to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving such a kind review on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in Nov. 2012 & forgot to write a review. Overall, this isn't a bad hotel for a Sleep Inn. It has been recently renovated it looked like. The front desk was helpful @ check in. Room was a 2 double bed room that was clean & comfortable for what we needed. Pocket door on the bathroom was a nice touch. Pool was decent, although when we went there weren't any towels for my daughter & I ( was late at night right before closing) but a quick trip to the desk by my wife took care of that. Desk clerk brought towels withing 2-3 mins of her asking. Breakfast next morning was very busy, but breakfast attendant seemed to be holding her own. Pretty good food. If back in the area again, would defintely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest and leaving your comments here at Tripadvisor. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate the kind comments regarding our staff and know they will be thrilled to see them as well.

We hope to see you again soon,
Warm Regards,

Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel to be fantastic! The room was spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly!The hotel's location makes visiting the outlets and Antietam Battlefield very easy! I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for being our guest and providing a review. Our staff will be so happy to read your review, they truly enjoy providing great service to our guests.

Warm Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I visit the Gettysburg area at least once a year so tend to vary where I stay. Although this Sleep Inn is in Maryland, it is very close to Gettysburg as it is off of Route 15. It is located behind the McDonald's.

The Sleep Inn is three stories and has plenty of parking. A continental breakfast is served in the morning in a good sized room with adequate seating space. The Sleep Inn also has a heated indoor swimming pool and a huge grassy area adjacent to the hotel where I saw kids running around and one trying to hit a golf ball.

Nearby there was a gas station, a McDonald's, a grocery store and a Subway.

This Sleep Inn is a smoke free hotel. I liked that there was a free computer to use in the hallway and it had an available printer as well for those of us that don't travel with laptops. There is free wireless service in the room for those that use that.

My room had a safe, iron/ironing board, coffee and coffee pot with sugar/sweetner, a beauty mirror, and a hair dryer. The room just had a shower and no tub. TThe hotel had a vending machine and a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use. My room had plenty of lighting and there was a convenient switch to turn the light off right from the bed. There was a large desk and a flat screen tv. 17 television channels were offered including HBO, CNN, and ESPN.
There was a mini fridge hidden inside of a cabinet.

I was happy with this find and will likely stay here on my next trip to Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NCTraveler2015
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night and found it to be very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The two ladies behind the counter recommended several local restaurants. We picked one and had a wonderful meal. When we came back, they had dog treats for our dog who was very pleased also. Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gadeam
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying at the Sleep Inn, in Hagerstown, was delightful. The four of us sat in the sitting area as if we were chatting in our living room. The beautful Christmas decorations through out the hotel were tastefully decorated. Clean, nice size room and extra large shower for a large person.
They had everything you wanted to eat at the complimentary breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, fruit, pastry, hot and cold drinks, hard boiled eggs, bagels, etc. Cracker Barrel is next door for dinner which has delicous food.
Staff were so friendly and helpful in directions to Antietam and other places which was the reason we came to Hagerstown, Md. ,from New Jersey, and our friends from Virginia.
It was a delight to stay there.

Room Tip: The halls are long, so if you can't walk far, ask for a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends