Sleep Inn & Suites Hagerstown
$139
Homewood
$60
Hotels.com
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskoutlet mallprime outletsroom was cleanthe hotel is pet friendlyindoor poolantietam battlefieldhot tubparking lotthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastnext morninghousekeeping staffnice place to staycheck in was quickwater pressure
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night and found it to be very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The two ladies behind the counter recommended several local restaurants. We picked one and had a wonderful meal. When we came back, they had dog treats for our dog who was very pleased also. Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gadeam
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Staying at the Sleep Inn, in Hagerstown, was delightful. The four of us sat in the sitting area as if we were chatting in our living room. The beautful Christmas decorations through out the hotel were tastefully decorated. Clean, nice size room and extra large shower for a large person.
They had everything you wanted to eat at the complimentary breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, fruit, pastry, hot and cold drinks, hard boiled eggs, bagels, etc. Cracker Barrel is next door for dinner which has delicous food.
Staff were so friendly and helpful in directions to Antietam and other places which was the reason we came to Hagerstown, Md. ,from New Jersey, and our friends from Virginia.
It was a delight to stay there.

Room Tip: The halls are long, so if you can't walk far, ask for a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ron-Nancy K
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed there for two nights on our way to friends, to take advantage of seeing some history. It was in close proximity to Gettysburg and Antietam, which was just what we wanted. We found the hotel to be just what to expect from a chain type hotel, we usually stay in B & B's. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and we had everything we needed, nothing we didn't. The offered breakfast, which we did not use, seemed a bit lacking in more healthy choices, if you don't want cereal or pastry for breakfast this isn't for you. But there are breakfast areas nearby, we like to support local business anyway, and breakfasts are usually reasonable anywhere. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room probably from the second floor upwards, as the ground floor did have a distinct odor of chlorine from the pool. I don't think this can be avoided with an indoor pool, expecially during the winter months
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Goldenboy08
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are staying in Hagerstown to go to Antietam, this hotel is ideally located on Highway 65, i.e. south of I-70. If you are interested in town and the huge outlet mall, it is on the wrong side of I-70. Not that important, but a bit of a time saver. When I checked in at noon for my room, the clerk gave me that old, tired and unappreciated line, "check in is at 3". Hruummph. I gave it right back to her, "sorry I left Chicago at 3am and this is when I arrived.. Do you have a room or should I try another?" She suddenly found the last one of the available rooms. The room was spartan and I could just not get it warm enough without going to super blast on the age old window unit. But, the room was adequate, quiet and the hotel is 50 yards from a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. I walked there for dinner after a 9 hour drive. Antietam Battlefield is only 10 minutes away, just south and right on Highway 65. The breakfast was fine, with standards of eggs, toasts. I wish they would get a good coffee ie. Starbucks...that Hills Bros is killing me. Too weak. But it was free. All in all had a good stay and the price was right. One last thing: I am big on a good, solid spray from a shower nozzle. At least have enought ummph to wash off my shaving cream. This one did not. Please Comfort Inn Corp, invest in good nozzles which give a hard spray. It is much appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kimo688889
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Every fall I meet my college roommate in Hagerstown for a weekend of retail therapy at the Premium Outlets. We have stayed at the conveniently located Sleep Inn for many of those visits and have been happy with the good value, convenient location, and pleasant staff. This year was no exception. It is, however, probably time to replace the linens as they are looking a little tired. Otherwise, another great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012