“Great stop right off the highway”

Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel if you just need to stop your drive and get a good night's rest in an attractive and well-run chain hotel. Located right on I 81- ask for a room away from the highway. We did not hear any road noise at all. Desk staff was cheerful and efficient, and recommended a great local BBQ place for dinner, as we did not want to go the fast food route (there is plenty of that nearby). Room was nicely furnished and everything in the hotel seemed new or almost new. Breakfast (free) had a good selection of hot and cold items. They also had brown bags to go with apple, muffin, water for those on the fly, which I thought was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you so very much for writing such a nice review of our staff and property. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay and enjoyed eating at one of our local restaurants. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I should have paid closer attention to other TA reviews warning about the noise from the interstate. Unbelievable. Add the occasional train horn, and truck engine brake, and you're pretty much guaranteed to get zero sleep. I guess if you're lucky/smart enough to specify a room on the non-highway side, you might have a chance if some sleep. There are no restaurants in the area (unless you consider McDonalds/Taco Bell to be restaurants) - you have to go into Hagerstown. Would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Opposite side from highway
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I'm truly sorry you were not happy with the location of the hotel and the restaurants close by. Please note that there are other restaurants off our exit that are NOT Fast Food. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had the same large, clean room we've found at other Hamptons, but this location has a few problems that make me say look somewhere else. First of all, our room was literally within 75 yards of Interstate 81. (I guess that's why they put I-81 in the name.) If you go here, you must get a room on the front side of the building or you will feel like trucks are driving through your room all night.

Second, the room only had feather pillows. Even with one on top of the other, my head went all the way down to the mattress. It was nearly the same as sleeping with no pillow at all.

Third, we picked this place for a short family getaway because it has an indoor pool. But when we finally got in, the water was so cold my daughter was freezing in less than ten minutes. The next morning at 7:30, I asked if they could turn up the temperature on the pool and the desk clerk said the technician would do that at 8:00 am. By 10:00 we tried to go in again, but it was no different from the night before. We called from the pool and asked if it could be turned up, and they said someone would come, but nobody ever did. Again, none of us could take the cold water more than about 10 minutes. On top of this, they had no towels at the pool, so we had to use our room towels for two (very short) swims and a shower. It appeared they were trying to cut corners on heating the pool and cleaning towels. It may as well have been an outdoor pool.

If you're looking for a short, fun trip for the family where you can get a quiet sleep, look somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can't get on the front side of the building, drive on by.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I'm sorry the locaton of our property (which is right off I-81) was a problem, and that you didn't like the feather pillows. The pool was recently resurfaced and after refilling it the water temperature took a few days to get back to normal. I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed for 3 weeks at a stretch last April. Comfy bed, big rooms, nice view, but no too many restaurants nearby. Hotel staff though was pretty helpful..they took me around few days for shopping nearby in Walmart & other malls..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our comfy large rooms, and that the staff took care of you the three weeks you were here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

excellent property for my stay in Hagerstown. Location was trying for me, but that can be explained by not having lived in the town for fifty years. One thing that hasn't changed, you still have to purchase beer off premises from a package store.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your family reunion. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We slept very well at this hotel. We thought the highway being so close would be a problem, but we didn't even hear the traffic. The beds are wonderful. The breakfast wasn't wonderful, but it was acceptable. The pool was really nice and was completely handicapped accessible, which I hadn't seen in a hotel before. Good job Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The staff is GREAT!! My wife left her credit card in the room and the hotel staff contacted us immediately and sent the card to our home, top notch service. Room was very clean and the breakfast was well supplied.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review of our hotel and staff. It was a pleasure serving you. Hope to see you again soon.