“Convenient clean and friendly”

Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Pretty much everything you would expect. We stopped here enroute and were pleased. Staff provided info and maps to view fireworks. Unexpected and made the stay much more enjoyable. Greeted with a smile. Also convenient to the interstate. Only inconvienance was hbo was snowy. All other channels fine.

• Stayed: July 2013
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking time to write a review. I'm happy to know the staff took good care of you by providing directions to see the fireworks on the 4th, and 'm sorry HBO was not very clear on the TV. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in Hagerstown. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

After driving 8 hrs this hotel welcomed a tired family with a quick & easy check in. Rooms were lovely, beds very comfortable. This is a perfect stop enroute to or for a quick visit to Washington DC. - only 1 1/2 hr away. The pool was enjoyed by our grandkids. I liked the security. Easy access off expressway. Only negative - very limited restuarants in area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know you and your grand children had a nice stay. We hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderl summer.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having stayed here just before the new year (and loving it) I knew what to expect on a return visit.
I will say I was worried a bit the second time around about it not living up my expectations based on how much I enjoyed it the first time. Well, my stay was just as enjoyable this time around.

Front desk was friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. We arrived earlier than anticipated (and well before normal check-in time) but after just a short wait they were able to get my family including two young children in need of naps into a room. The hotel was clean all around and the lobby is just beautiful and spacious and a great place to lounge at any time. I found myself down there quite a bit during my 3 day stay.

Our room was clean and cozy. No complaints at all. Our room did face away from I-81 which was nice. The indoor pool was awesome. My kids loved it. Warm, clean water and a good size. The fitness room offered a few machines and weights, nice personal TV's on each treadmill too. The morning breakfast was exceptional each morning. As I said in my last review, one of the best breakfast spreads I've ever seen at a Hampton. It was constantly being refilled/refreshed by employees too. Really impressive stuff. With the large sized lobby, there was no trouble finding seating for breakfast either.

For anyone visiting the area or traveling I-81 in need of a stop...look no further! This place is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest. Thank you once again for choosing us for your lodging needs. I am pleased to know we didn't disappoint you and your family the second time around. Thank you for your business, and the wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We chose this Hampton Inn based on our past stays at Hampton and the location (traveling along Rt 81). We had a King room facing I-81 and had no problem with the highway noise. Of all the Hamptons we stayed at over the last week, this was the nicest. The room was well furnished and comfortable, the shower was great and the bathroom was very spacious. We did not use the pool but it looked nice. The breakfast area was large and kept clean and the breakfast was very good. We were surprised that this hotel did not have cookies on weekends. All of the other Hamptons had cookies and we had been looking forward to a late night snack.

Room Tip: Many reviewers suggest the "quiet" side (non I81) - we had no problem with the highway noi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business and the wonderful review of our property. We are pleased to know you had a nice stay, and we hope you will get to try our in-door pool the next time you stay with us. Have a great summer!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a night during a soccer tournament our son had. This hotel was very nice, clean and the breakfast was good. Per the suggestion of other reviewers, we requested to stay on the non I-81 side and we had no problem with noise at all. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but we checked it out and it looked really nice. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to comment on your stay. It was our pleasure serving you and the rest of the soccer teams. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a standard hotel with amentities and good quality. We had a room on the "quiet side" which was quite comfortable and well appointed. Good breakfast, pleasant staff wre very knowledgeable and were precise with their recommendations for dining choices and specific shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and one of our local restaurants. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn's overall quality and service is right up at the top of all Hampton Inns, which is a very high standard! I checked out this hotel on "trip advisor" before making a reservation and found it had excellent reviews. After staying at the Hagerstown Hampton Inn located adjacent to Interstate-81, I can confirm that those high marks were accurate. I recommend this hotel to all looking for a place with a friendly and helpful staff, exceptional cleanliness, and a great breakfast. However, in my opinion, the price is 15% too high.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel, we appreciate you taking time to comment on your recent stay. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in the area.