“VERY NICE WAY STATION”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Westminster, United States
“VERY NICE WAY STATION”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We needed a place to stay after a family wedding nearby. This was perfect. The staff was very helpful. They tolerated our family's mild partying in the lobby until quite late---nearly 2 AM! It was a most enjoyable experience! Were we in the area again anytime soon, we would not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We are happy to know that you and your family had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed there twice. I liked it. Nice clean. Easy check out and check in. Close to highway. Great value for your points. I would be glad to stay another time. When I was there they were remodeling their lobby so I would expect it to be even better next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
VELROSE S, Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you had a great stay and we hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are traveling through the area.
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great Hampton Inn. Sets the bar/standard for others to follow. Clean room. FRESH Duvet cover (which I love about Hampton). Well appointed room. Easy Check In and Out. Good Value and right off of I-81 just north of Hagerstown and just south of the PA border. This hotel is good for travelers going any direction.
I don’t like Hampton's breakfast, but I don't like any buffet breakfasts, anyway. It’s gross to hover over food, jockeying for position in line, touching serving handles that have been touched by countless other people only to eat some food product that was microwaved/heated up. I much prefer a sit down breakfast with servers and cooked-to-order, BUT that’s just me. However, plenty of people took advantage of the breakfast and they seemed to be totally satisfied, but I wasn’t one of them.
Overall A+ experience here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know that you had a good stay, but sad to know that you don't enjoy eating the Hampton breakfast. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again the next time you are in the Hagerstown area.
virginia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first time staying at this Hampton Inn. A friend and I meet in Hagerstown twice a year with our daughters for a little reunion, and we decided to try this hotel for the first time. While it was good enough, I feel like the hotel could do a few small changes to make things so much better.

First, the good things: The place is very clean, check-in and check-out are as easy as can be, and the front desk staff were very helpful when we inquired about places to eat. They even provided us with a list of local restaurants, including directions to each place. Also, there is an indoor pool that our daughters thoroughly enjoyed. The beds were extremely comfortable, as I've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

Now the things they need to improve upon:

1) Something went very wrong at breakfast on our only morning there. They serve until 10:00, and we got down there about 9:15. They serve the normal things that a Hampton does, which I think is fine. However, they were running out of EVERYTHING and seemed unable to replenish. While it was busy with guests, it wasn't over-run with them - we were easily able to find a place to sit - so I don't know why they had so much trouble keeping the place supplied. They ran out of eggs, bacon, coffee, pastries, and FORKS, among other things. Families, including the friends I was with, were having to share one plastic fork between them. This is unacceptable in my opinion. Eventually, a manager-type person showed up and was able to get the breakfast area running smoothly again. She replenished everthing that the people running the breakfast area weren't able to: more food appeared, coffee was made, and she put out more forks and other plastic-ware. I heard her apologizing to people, saying that this never happens.

2) There are three floors and two elevators, but only one elevator seemed to be working both days that we were there. It wasn't a big deal, but it did make for longer waits and more full elevators.

3) We looked at the pool when we first got there, and there were plenty of towels in the pool area for guests to use. However, when we went to go swimming there at 9:00 that evening, there were no towels left. As I headed back up to our room to get some room towels, I decided to check the fitness room right next door first. Fortunately, there were towels there and I didn't have to go all the way back upstairs.

4) When we were walking down the hall on our floor the next morning, the cleaning people were already cleaning some of the rooms. The problem with this was that they had a vacuum plugged in on one side of the hallway, but they were vacuuming a room on the OTHER side of the hall. The cord was stretched across the hallway and was about 3 inches off the floor. I almost tripped over it. This is a safety hazard that I think they should avoid.

While I generally love Hampton Inns, this one did not measure up for me. I think they could make some small adjustments, though, and it could be as good as all the others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face I-81 if you want to avoid traffic noise. Not all rooms have be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you found the facility clean, the Front Desk Staff helpful, and that you enjoyed the comfy beds and pool. We're not pleased however to know that you had issues with breakfast and housekeeping. We are taking steps to make sure these issues don't happen again. We appreciate your business and welcome all comments. If you are ever in the Hagerstown area again, I hope you will give us another try.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Arrived at 1:30 am, the front desk clerk was quick to do the registration process. Easy to get to the room. Very clean and well lit parking. The breakfast area is very nice but the breakfast was not as good as expected.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and welcome all feedbacks. We hope to see you again in the near future.
São Paulo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean and cosy. Very good bedroom size. Perfect wi-fi. Breakfast although with not many options, tasty and well-done. Checkout was one of the fastest I have ever seen. Everything needed is there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SergioFontenelle
VELROSE S, Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear guest thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to know that you had a great stay and we hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you re traveling through the area.
Maryland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is our 4th stay here and although I've reviewed it before, I feel the need to post another one. This is still one of the best Hamptons I have ever stayed in, great breakfast, friendly and courteous staff, and the hotel is spotless! Rooms are quiet and recently renovated with flatscreen TVs. The beds are super comfortable. We were spending the day outlet shopping and while there are other hotels slightly closer to the Premium Outlets, this is the only place I will stay while here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marygran
VELROSE S, Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest thank you for your review of our hotel and making us your home away from home we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit