This is by far one of the nicest Hampton Inn's we've ever stayed at. In all honestly, there is not one thing I'd suggest to make it a better stay for guests.
The Hampton is located right off I-81. There are a few fast food restaurants and a gas station nearby. The hotel itself is a little larger than many other Hamptons. The lobby was beautifully decorated and spacious. A great area to relax in and plenty of room for the morning breakfast.
The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. Our room itself was extremely clean and comfy. Heating unit worked well, as the did the fridge and microwave. As usual, the bed was very inviting and comfortable. I would suggest asking for an odd # room as those rooms faced the opposite side of I-81. We had a nice quiet view from the front end of the hotel.
Another plus was a beautiful, clean indoor pool. It was so nice to relax a bit and swim around in the clean, warm water. There were plenty of towels and the overall decor in the pool area was very nice.
The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. A very large spread (bigger than I've seen at many other Hampton Inns). All the food was fresh (loved the pound cake) and the dining area was clean and well stocked.
A quick example of how the staff went out of there way for us. My wife was out visiting family and I was left with our daughter (and no car). We decided to walk from the hotel to a fast food place (about a 5 minute walk) on a chilly December evening. As we left of Hampton bundled up, a front desk attendant must have seen us leaving the Hampton Inn. After about 1 minute of walking, the Hampton Inn van with the attendant pulled up and asked if we'd like a ride to the restaurant. It was a very nice gesture on their part. They also told us we could call after we were done eating and they'd pick us up.
All in all, just a great place to stay and we definetely look forward to staying again when we visit the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than two miles from the Hagerstown Regional Airport and just off of I-81, the convenient location of the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81 hotel makes travel a breeze. Enjoy nearby shopping and dining, check out the local area attractions or head to town for a business meeting. Grab a free, hot breakfast each morning of your stay, enjoy the indoor pool, free WiFi, fitness center and more. Don't have time to sit and eat? Grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag before hitting the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Hagerstown - i-81 Hotel Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Hagerstown Maugansville