“Fine stay”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Morristown, New Jersey
“Fine stay”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Clean, up to date hotel convenient to I-81. So convenient, that you don't want a room on the side of the hotel that faces the Interstate. You can see the hotel from the highway. Seemed like one-exit too north of the main part of Hagerstown; not much in the immediate vicinity, which on the one-hand made parking easy, but on the other hand, it is not a walk to anything - you have to get in your car. Nice-sized indoor pool, health facility only has three cardio machines. Again, room and hotel were clean and up-to-date. Staff was friendly. Only drawback (reason for 4, not 5, stars), was running out of breakfast items at 9:30. I admit, you shouldn't expect much when the breakfast is free, but the hotel should still have everything on hand up until its stated close time at 10am.

Room Tip: face the parking lot, not the highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you staying with us, and for taking time to comment on your recent stay. We welcome all feedbacks as they help us to improve on our products and services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is a very clean hotel with very nice and helpful staff. My room was very clean yet average. There were several restaurants around the hotel which was convienient. Breakfast in the hotel was a typical hotel breakfast, nothing special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time to comment on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Exceptionally clean - not a speck of mold in the bathrooms, all furniture in the room and in the lobby/breakfast area was very clean, hallway carpets were immaculate. Lovely furnishings in the room and out. Nice snack area near reception desk. Very quiet. We could not have been happier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We take pride in keeping the facility clean, and it makes us happy when our guests are happy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a hotel for people who just need a place to spend the night, an easy exit off I-81. The hotel property is situated in a field near a factory, with several fast food places nearby. The rooms have microwave, fridge, and coffee, and a good TV channel selection. There is a shopping area a few exits east that is fairly easy to get to, with more choices in dining, but nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LiftLady
Dear Guest! Thank you for writing a review about the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again.
Charleston, WV
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice hotel located conveniently near Interstate 81. You could tell that it is a relatively new hotel. Staff was very friendly. The only thing negative about this hotel is the lack of restaurants in the immediate area. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling along Interstate 81 or even Interstate 70 in the Hagerstown area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for helping to spread the word of our recently renovated hotel. It's really nice to hear people refer to our facility as "new". The staff works very hard to keep it looking great, and we appreciate all the feedbacks.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

1st time at this Hampton Inn. The place was immaculate, and the rooms were in excellent condition. Unless I'm imagining things, the beds in the double room were slightly bigger than usual, which was very nice, as traditionally at most Hamptons, it can be a little tight. Breakfast area was nice, but the staff were unable to keep up with the pace and the hot breakfast items were unavailable while we were down for breakfast. No explanation or anyone to offer an apology. Fortunately I was only looking for yogurt, cereal, etc. myself, but certainly others appeared disappointed. Otherwise a very nice stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest! Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the comments, and i'm truly sorry the breakfast staff was having problems keeping up with the crowd. I hope the next time your travel plans takes you through this area, you will give us another try.
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to Baltimore cruise port. Hotel was spotless and staff could not have been friendlier. Breakfast was good and well stocked. The pool area is really nice. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel and staff. We're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81. We look forward to seeing again soon.