“Clean, comfortable.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hagerstown
Greensboro
“Clean, comfortable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My stay here was what I expected from Hampton Inn. It is not a 5 star hotel however a GREAT value nonetheless.

The check in and check out process was quick. Breakfast was included with the stay... it was not bad at all! Quite sufficient actually. They even had a waffle maker. Also cold cereals and milk, juice, fruit, warm oatmeal already prepared, coffee of course, cereal bars, bagels, muffins. For those in a hurry there were bags to go stuffed with an apple, muffin, cereal bar and juice. USA Today was provided.

The lounge area was quite comfortable. There were large screen TV sets with various channels. Also there was a large bar area where my colleagues and I socialized over a few beers. Unfortunately we had to purchase a 6 pack from behind the hotel counter and we charged it to the room. Then we would bring the beer over to the bar area and drink from our 6 pack. Upon checkout we learned that each 6 pack of beer was $24.00. Obviously we were not happy about this. The hotel staff should inform patrons of such an extraordinary cost.

The windows in the room were not made to open.

Upon arrival there was only 1/3 roll of toilet tissue and Housekeeping did not replace it in the three days I stayed... I had to request it.

Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank itjustmehere
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for for staying with us, and for taking time to comment on your recent stay. We're happy to know that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I'm sorry you were not informed about the price per each beer, which is sold individually and not by the case. We appreciate the feedbacks and we will work harder to make your next stay a better one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
West Chester, Oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

All was fine with our stay. The TV didn't work but they quickly resolved that. Rooms were typical, clean. What set this apart from others is the free breakfast buffet. Choose from fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, omelets, bagels, juices, coffee etc. And plenty of seating too. Nice stay!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JustPlaing
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. Please come back and visit us whenever you are in Hagerstown.
Cornwall, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here on the last night of our week long holiday. It was a great stopping point as there are many restaurants nearby. It is a very large hotel that appears to have been renovated recently. Check-in was smooth and professional.

Our room was on the first floor near the pool and work-out room. The room was clean and comfortable. Internet was a bit slow, but otherwise everything was perfect. We were facing the highway, but did not have any issues with noise.

The hotel seemed to be pretty full and there were a lot of guests when we went for breakfast. The staff was great, however, at keeping everything stocked and there were 2 waffle makers available, so there were no issues or waits for anything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JennLa729
Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81 for your lodging needs, and for taking time to comment on your stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very nice hotel and was the perfect stop on our road trip. The rooms were very nice and Breakfast was above average. The staff was great and the hotel was clean. Will stay there again next time we are passing through

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for writing such a wonderful rewiew about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again.
k9lover68
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Overall, just as most reviewers have said....this is a good hotel on I-81. We chose this hotel because the Marriott in Hagerstown that we usually stay at had a blackout on our discount for the days that we wanted to stay. I still love the Marriott Courtyard but this hotel really was very clean, professional, helpful, and the breakfast to go was a nice bonus. I did not experience any of the highway noise that others have mentioned...all in all a good place to stop on I-81.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay. We are happy to know that you had a good stay, and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the second time my mom and I spent a weekend at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The hotel is spotless, the front desk staff is professional, polite and helpful, and the guestrooms are spacious and inviting. Speaking of guestrooms, during our recent visit, we discovered that a room with 2 queens opened up and we were told that it was on the second floor on the I-81 side, and asked if we wanted that room or a king room on the first floor. We said we would take the second floor room, and based on all the reviews, expected it to be really noisy. Other than a few muffled noises coming from the highway, it wasn't as bad as these reviews would make it seem. I would definitely stay again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Hampton Guest. Thank you for returning to our hotel, and for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The back side of this hotel is very close to I-81 (the NAFTA highway) and hence light sleepers will have trouble with the trucks. Hilton does not have anywhere to set room preferences to "away from highway" as the manager suggested to another reviewer -- I would hope that they would default to that for frequent Hilton guests.

Otherwise it is a standard Hampton Inn -- nice clean rooms and decent breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. We take pride in trying to fullfill all requsts that are noted on reservations, and i'm truly sorry you had a hard time sleeping due to the highway noise. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81, we hope to see you again soon.