“Best breakfast buffet for this category hotel.”

Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed August 16, 2012

All was fine with our stay. The TV didn't work but they quickly resolved that. Rooms were typical, clean. What set this apart from others is the free breakfast buffet. Choose from fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, omelets, bagels, juices, coffee etc. And plenty of seating too. Nice stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank JustPlaing
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. Please come back and visit us whenever you are in Hagerstown.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here on the last night of our week long holiday. It was a great stopping point as there are many restaurants nearby. It is a very large hotel that appears to have been renovated recently. Check-in was smooth and professional.

Our room was on the first floor near the pool and work-out room. The room was clean and comfortable. Internet was a bit slow, but otherwise everything was perfect. We were facing the highway, but did not have any issues with noise.

The hotel seemed to be pretty full and there were a lot of guests when we went for breakfast. The staff was great, however, at keeping everything stocked and there were 2 waffle makers available, so there were no issues or waits for anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JennLa729

Dear Guest. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81 for your lodging needs, and for taking time to comment on your stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very nice hotel and was the perfect stop on our road trip. The rooms were very nice and Breakfast was above average. The staff was great and the hotel was clean. Will stay there again next time we are passing through

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for writing such a wonderful rewiew about our hotel and staff. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Overall, just as most reviewers have said....this is a good hotel on I-81. We chose this hotel because the Marriott in Hagerstown that we usually stay at had a blackout on our discount for the days that we wanted to stay. I still love the Marriott Courtyard but this hotel really was very clean, professional, helpful, and the breakfast to go was a nice bonus. I did not experience any of the highway noise that others have mentioned...all in all a good place to stop on I-81.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Guest. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay. We are happy to know that you had a good stay, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the second time my mom and I spent a weekend at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The hotel is spotless, the front desk staff is professional, polite and helpful, and the guestrooms are spacious and inviting. Speaking of guestrooms, during our recent visit, we discovered that a room with 2 queens opened up and we were told that it was on the second floor on the I-81 side, and asked if we wanted that room or a king room on the first floor. We said we would take the second floor room, and based on all the reviews, expected it to be really noisy. Other than a few muffled noises coming from the highway, it wasn't as bad as these reviews would make it seem. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello Hampton Guest. Thank you for returning to our hotel, and for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The back side of this hotel is very close to I-81 (the NAFTA highway) and hence light sleepers will have trouble with the trucks. Hilton does not have anywhere to set room preferences to "away from highway" as the manager suggested to another reviewer -- I would hope that they would default to that for frequent Hilton guests.

Otherwise it is a standard Hampton Inn -- nice clean rooms and decent breakfast.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. We take pride in trying to fullfill all requsts that are noted on reservations, and i'm truly sorry you had a hard time sleeping due to the highway noise. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

In the Hagerstown area, this hotel is a perfect choice. From making the reservation to checking out, the process is smooth because the staff is professional and conscientious. The lobby area is inviting and the breakfast area is spacious, airy and very clean. In the lobby, fresh fruit, coffee and tea is always available. If you should want something more interesting, you can buy food to microwave in your room , snacks, drinks and even beer in the "suite shop" by the front desk. The rooms are clean, with flat screen TVs, microwaves, refrigerators and comfortable beds. The bathrooms are immaculate and orderly. The housekeeping staff is top notch and provides some nice touches like origami-like folded towels and washcloths.
I did not use the pool or fitness center but both looked very clean. The fitness center had a variety of equipment (recumbent cycles, ellipticals, treadmill etc) and what appeared to be some sort of free weights.
The air conditioning works exceptionally well. During my stay, the outside temperature was near 100 degrees but my room was very comfortable the entire time.
My room was on the I-81 side of the building, but had no issues with the traffic noise even when sleeping during the day.
The room was missing a closet space for hangers, but they could be available in other rooms. I had no need for this on this trip, but it could be an issue for future trips or for other guests who have to hang suits and dress clothes.
It was a pleasure to stay at this Hampton Inn and would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to traffic noise, choose a room that isn't on the I-81 side of the bui...