Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
$110
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$109
$149
$127
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$60
All reviewshighway sidegas stationroom was cleanup to datecomplimentary breakfast isgreat stopoatmealindoor poolgreat place to stayroad noisethe breakfast areabusiness tripeasy accesswould stay againfront desk stafffresh fruitvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the second time my mom and I spent a weekend at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The hotel is spotless, the front desk staff is professional, polite and helpful, and the guestrooms are spacious and inviting. Speaking of guestrooms, during our recent visit, we discovered that a room with 2 queens opened up and we were told that it was on the second floor on the I-81 side, and asked if we wanted that room or a king room on the first floor. We said we would take the second floor room, and based on all the reviews, expected it to be really noisy. Other than a few muffled noises coming from the highway, it wasn't as bad as these reviews would make it seem. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Hello Hampton Guest. Thank you for returning to our hotel, and for the wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The back side of this hotel is very close to I-81 (the NAFTA highway) and hence light sleepers will have trouble with the trucks. Hilton does not have anywhere to set room preferences to "away from highway" as the manager suggested to another reviewer -- I would hope that they would default to that for frequent Hilton guests.

Otherwise it is a standard Hampton Inn -- nice clean rooms and decent breakfast.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review on your recent stay. We take pride in trying to fullfill all requsts that are noted on reservations, and i'm truly sorry you had a hard time sleeping due to the highway noise. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown I-81, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

In the Hagerstown area, this hotel is a perfect choice. From making the reservation to checking out, the process is smooth because the staff is professional and conscientious. The lobby area is inviting and the breakfast area is spacious, airy and very clean. In the lobby, fresh fruit, coffee and tea is always available. If you should want something more interesting, you can buy food to microwave in your room , snacks, drinks and even beer in the "suite shop" by the front desk. The rooms are clean, with flat screen TVs, microwaves, refrigerators and comfortable beds. The bathrooms are immaculate and orderly. The housekeeping staff is top notch and provides some nice touches like origami-like folded towels and washcloths.
I did not use the pool or fitness center but both looked very clean. The fitness center had a variety of equipment (recumbent cycles, ellipticals, treadmill etc) and what appeared to be some sort of free weights.
The air conditioning works exceptionally well. During my stay, the outside temperature was near 100 degrees but my room was very comfortable the entire time.
My room was on the I-81 side of the building, but had no issues with the traffic noise even when sleeping during the day.
The room was missing a closet space for hangers, but they could be available in other rooms. I had no need for this on this trip, but it could be an issue for future trips or for other guests who have to hang suits and dress clothes.
It was a pleasure to stay at this Hampton Inn and would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to traffic noise, choose a room that isn't on the I-81 side of the building. The building was very well insulated and though I stayed on the highway side, I had no problems with any noise. Parking was very crowded in the front of the building when I was there, it's easiest to pull around to the back(highway side) where there were always plenty of spots.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thunderwood

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We don't know what year this hotel was built, but it strikes us as being a slightly older property. Nonetheless, the quality of the room, public areas, and breakfast were all top-notch. There are apparently a lot of businesses in the immediate area, because most of the other guests we saw at breakfast appeared to be corporate or government travelers. This place also makes a great stop along I-81. It truly is impossible to miss as you approach the exit from the north. The access is good, but despite the fact that it's next to the expressway, we didn't hear any highway noise during the night. The staff was great. All in all, it was a pleasant overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OtherMountainDude
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our staff and hotel (which was recently renovated). It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I too love Hampton Inns because of the reasonable prices that include free breakfasts and the nice gym on site (that doesn't really close at midnite.) I agree that the 2nd or 3rd floor is best, and for those who are light sleepers, rooms on the east side are mandatory to avoid the 24/7 highway noises. I also appreciated the guarantee they offer: our air-conditioner was not working but they were full and couldn't move our room, so they gave us a plug-in fan and didn't charge us for that one, very warm night!

Room Tip: see review above
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marjorie G

Dear Guest, Thank you for being a loyal Hampton guest. We appreciate the time you took to write a review on your recent stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Hagerstown.