“We found our hotel for future travel through Hagerstown”

Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Our trip brought us from Connecticut to Lexington, Virginia to transport our daughter to college. After staying the previous 2 nights in an old Howard Johnson and an old Holiday Inn along route 81, what a pleasure to find ourselves in this hotel. Felt new and very clean. Good service, beautiful, large, clean room. Only 3 slight dings - no spare roll of toilet paper (and not much on the original roll) and a breakfast which was fine, but not as great as the rest of the hotel/room and not many good dinner choices at that exit. But, we will definitely stay here again as we travel to and from Virginia over the coming 4 years

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Hello Karl E!

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Hagerstown/Maugansville MD for your lodging needs, and taking time to comment on your stay. I am pleased to know that the hotel felt new to you and your family, and you found our rooms to be beautiful, very clean and large. This hotel was opened in 2000, but we work very hard to keep it clean and up todate. I hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you are traveling to and from Virginia, and that your next stay will better that the first. Summer is almost over, so please enjoy the rest of it.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The visit was great from check-in to check-out. Friendly greeting, changed room to back side (away from highway), room was VERY clean, felt like brand new, quiet for sleeping, lots of well lit parking. Bathroom was spotlessly clean and I am real fussy with that room especially. Breakfast was nice and fresh fruit available, as well as the breakfast to go for those that needed it and breakfast area nice and clean. Thanks to the previous reviewers, they were correct, and we would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Others had said to ask for room on non-highway side so we did, but facility was so quiet not sure yo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
VELROSE S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown/Maugansville. It was a pleasure serving you and your family, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was the best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. The bed comfort,sheet guality,etc....My wife even called the front desk to find out what thread count the sheets were and guess what, she knew it. I was amazed! Great service and friendly staff !! Will return!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
rmorral, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Hi,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown/Maugansville MD, and for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am very pleased to know you found our beds comfortable and that you contacted the front desk for more information. Please check out the Hampton Home Collection section on the Hampton Inn website for products that can be purchased online. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a great summer!

Velrose Simms

Reviewed May 5, 2011

one caveat for this place...upon check in (this being the last available room they had last night) we asked if you could hear the highway noise from the room. Desk staff told us not to worry. Well we could definately hear the truckers gearing up the ramp and screaming by all night on the highway. A note to corporate for future buildings, you should not place the hotel parallel to the busy highway, this would probably help us weary travellers! The Hotel was very clean and the bed and room were wonderful, we are hhonors members and always try to stay at hilton properties. I would only stay at this hotel again if I could have a room facing the other side of the property.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
rmorral, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Hello There!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Hagerstown/Maugansville, MD. Due to the hotel being sold out, we did not have a room away from the interstate the night you stayed. We value all our guests and try to accommodate them as much as possible. If you could please take a moment to update your HHonors profile to request rooms away from the interstate, that would help us and other Hilton properties with room assignments. Again thank you for being loyal to Hilton properties, and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Velrose Simms

Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn on our way south. The staff was excellent, rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable.
The provided breakfast was in par with other Hampton Inns. The kitchen staff were also accomodating to requests. We were mostly impressed that this facility used biodegradable plates and utensils.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed here based on trip advisor reviews. It's ok. I was expecting a little nicer since so many reviewers are repeat customers. I think it's just fine.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting relatives and attending a Hagerstown Suns baseball game. We found the hotel to be clean, the room was large and well appointed, and the staff friendly and helpful. Overall, we felt that this Hampton was an excellent chice.

Pros:
Room - Very clean, large (we had a juccuzi room), w/refrigerator & microwave, separate shower and tub, quiet
Breakfast - Very good w/waffles, eggs, cereal, bagels, etc., and free
Cost - very reasonable.
Bed - very comfortable

Cons:
TV - although cable or satellite, reception was often fuzzy.
Location - a bit out-of-the-way, but close to the interstate
Shower - although large, the floor was a little slippery, water was a bit hard

Didn't try:
indoor pool, exercise room, free internet

An excellent choice when in Hagerstown!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple