Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown
Hampton.com
$189
$84
SleepInn
Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
$59
Comfort Suites(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
$65
Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
$68
$103
$89
Courtyard Hagerstown(Hagerstown)
$179
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsbuffalo wild wingsroom was cleanfront deskwalking distancefirst floorspent one night herepool and hot tubwould definitely stay here againnice poolnice selectionlots of varietyrestaurants and shoppingdecent breakfastnice hotellong drivestaff was friendly
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I love staying at Holiday Inn hotels when on business and usually make them my first choice when picking a place to stay. However, my experience at this particular Holiday Inn was terrible. There are only 3 levels to the hotel and I was put on the second floor. As a woman travelling alone I prefer to be off the ground floor for safety reasons. Next to my room was 5 rooms occupied a large number of men who were drinking, getting very rowdy, rough housing in the hallway and even throwing each other against my door. I called the front desk and someone did call them and ask them to be quiet. Shortly after that I got harassing phone calls from the partiers. I called the front desk and explained that I was being retaliated against and didn't feel safe in my room. The hotel clerk when to their room and told them to be quiet or she was going to kick them out. She then moved me to another room, on the first floor next to a door to the outside that could only be shut but slamming and woke me up several times throughout the night. My new room was about 50 degrees and took until the next morning to get to a comfortable temperature. I couldn't get the privacy curtains to close so all that was available was a thin see-through sheer that made me feel very vulnerable. In the morning I went to the free hot breakfast buffet that is standard with all Holiday Inn Express hotels and it was darn near empty. There was no fruit on the breakfast bar because apparently the shipment had not arrived and nobody thought about going to the nearby grocery store to pick some up. The sausage and biscuits were gone and it was another 30 minutes before they were replaced. Me and other guests waited around for a full 30 minutes for the breakfast bar to be replenished and then it was subpar for Holiday Inn standards. Other than that I would also say that this was one of the most stripped down Holiday Inn hotels that I have ever been to and was not worth $70 a night let alone the $138 my employer paid. Not only will I never stay here again but I'm staying at Hampton Inn instead of Holiday Inn on my next 3 trips and if I'm impressed, Holiday Inn will have lost my business for good. There are several hotel options in this area, don't waste your money or sanity on this one.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank melissaey
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My husband and I traveled to Hagerstown for a weekend to share quality time and celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and chose to stay at Holiday Inn Express. Greeted well, very friendly staff, very clean room, delicious breakfast, all what we expected. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2008

I have stayed at a few HI Expresses and this one pretty much met my expectations in most areas. Good bed and towels, and clean. Flat screen TV although not the best picture quality. I didn't go to the pool. Two things didn't work for me - the wireless internet and the breakfast. The wireless net failed to connect with my computer. The front desk person said "they told me that with some firewalls it won't connect." That was a reasonable explanation, since I had my office laptop which certainly has a firewall - however the wireless in that laptop has worked in other hotels, including in other countries. As a substitute I used the business center which has an excellent set up, including printer. For Breakfast - it seemed like everything I tried was disappointing. I like Cheerios - but they had "tasty O's" which are not the same! The apple juice was watery. They said they had a new machine and added some new "mix" but while it then improved, it was still watery. So I tried the scrambled eggs, but they were stuffed with American cheese which kind of ruined the flavor. For breakfast, Hampton Inn is usually better than HI Express, but this HI was worse than normal.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank MotownMexico
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown on the way to Cape Cod. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The employees were very helpful. Like others have said it can be tricky to find as the hotel sits in behind a mall and other stores. The driving instructions on the hotel web site were very good and our GPS took us to the door. Having many stores and restaurants in walking distance is a definite plus. We enjoyed walking next door to the Outback for an excellent dinner.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CardFanDubG
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Although a bit tricky to get to, the front desk gave great directions, so it was pretty easy once we stopped using GPS and talked to a person. Rooms were large, very clean with nice amenities. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. Lots of restaurants nearby - that was handy. Being right off of Interstate 81 and a few miles from Interstate 70 made this hotel super convenient. If and when we are back in the area, we will be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business