“older hotel good enough”

Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Columbus, Ohio
“older hotel good enough”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here as it was close to Washington DC. The location was convent and the price competitive. We arrive late and got up early. Room was clear and comfortable with everything I needed. I asked for no smells in the room or feathers. My requests were honored and no questions asked. check in and out was quick and friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't like the first room they show you ask to see another. It is almost always a better...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express in Hagerstown, Md. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Travis K Swatsworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

a family road trip brought us from western new york to antietam. we were looking for a convenient and clean lodging. that is just what we found here. the rooms are typical but were clean. the pool and spa area was a welcome treat. complimentary breakfast was perfect. I am a huge fan of the automatic pancake machines!!! I highly recommend this HIE to anyone in the area looking for clean and convenient lodging close to the battlefields and restaurants, etc.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Danes1221
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stopped in for one night on our way south. The location is good--close to the expressway, mall, restaurants, and anything you might need. The hotel was clean and we had no issues, although my husband thought the mattress was a tad too firm. I didn't notice. We felt this hotel was a good value, as it includes free Wi Fi & breakfast. The buffet-style breakfast wasn't fancy but it had a variety of choices--more than the usual at comparable hotels. I was delighted to see they will accommodate small pets--I will definitely keep that in mind for future visits.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBigTrain
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We try to make everyone’s visit a “Home away from Home” by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service and the best of amenities. We are happy that you were able to bring your pet with you as they are family as well.

Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I would like to express my gratitude to the staff and management of the holiday inn in Hagerstown Maryland. Thank you. These guys really do know how to make you feel at home. I checked in for five days on Sunday, and had some issues with some things that
had been overlooked in my room by house keeping. It was clearly just a mistake and oversight, and a great opportunity to grow and learn from it. You can tell that the management, and staff genuinely take alot of pride in there company.
My point is mistakes are made. You can either learn from them or ignore them. I know these guys chose to learn from it. Which will only make this place even better when you stay. So the next time you guys are going through Hagerstown be sure to stop in to have a great night stay. Great location with many restaurants close by, and mall next door. Have a great day, and thanks for taking the time to read. And thank you again to the great staff at the holiday inn. Hagerstown MD. Have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays. We look forward to staying with you again soon in the bear future. Ajs

• Stayed December 2013
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Mr. Shaw,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described and although we do overlook things at times we sincerely care and want to make things right so our guests feel relaxed and right at home. I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor!
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stopped here because I could not make it home during a winter storm. The room was clean, the bedding comfortable, but there was a couple of problems. The TV did not work and I wanted to check the weather. The window curtains were a problem. Normally the black out curtains are 1st and then the shears. The black out curtains were hard to find especially late at night when I checked in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case apologize for the television not working properly and the black out curtain that was not easy to locate. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. If possible, please contact me at the hotel directly at 301-745-5644, so I can have a chance to follow up with your concerns.
Watertown, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2013

While traveling south we stayed at this hotel one night, mid-
week. We usually stop at Holiday Inn Express while traveling.
We initially were given a handicapped room which we didn't need. Upon requesting another room, with a better bed, the staff was helpful and pleasant. The second room was very clean and the hotel was quiet as it was mid-week. Breakfast food was typical and again staff was pleasant. It is situated conveniently right off Interstate 81and there are restaurants and shopping immediately available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is reviewed and shared with every associate in an effort to improve the service and accommodations that we provide our guests. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good hospitality, check in was done in a minute and they provided mineral water and cookies as a Platinum rewards member. I liked the pool best, brake fast is also good. I did not like the bed, it is terrible and is like sleeping in a pit, I had back pain and was not able to sleep. Everything is good, except for the beds. We had two queens and both were of the same condition. I have travelled from east to west and stayed in several Holiday inn hotels and this was the worst bed I ever slept. so be I am giving 3 star rating.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We will be replacing beds in the near future to ensure our guests comfort. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.