“Great value”

Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stopped in for one night on our way south. The location is good--close to the expressway, mall, restaurants, and anything you might need. The hotel was clean and we had no issues, although my husband thought the mattress was a tad too firm. I didn't notice. We felt this hotel was a good value, as it includes free Wi Fi & breakfast. The buffet-style breakfast wasn't fancy but it had a variety of choices--more than the usual at comparable hotels. I was delighted to see they will accommodate small pets--I will definitely keep that in mind for future visits.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBigTrain
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We try to make everyone’s visit a “Home away from Home” by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service and the best of amenities. We are happy that you were able to bring your pet with you as they are family as well.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I would like to express my gratitude to the staff and management of the holiday inn in Hagerstown Maryland. Thank you. These guys really do know how to make you feel at home. I checked in for five days on Sunday, and had some issues with some things that
had been overlooked in my room by house keeping. It was clearly just a mistake and oversight, and a great opportunity to grow and learn from it. You can tell that the management, and staff genuinely take alot of pride in there company.
My point is mistakes are made. You can either learn from them or ignore them. I know these guys chose to learn from it. Which will only make this place even better when you stay. So the next time you guys are going through Hagerstown be sure to stop in to have a great night stay. Great location with many restaurants close by, and mall next door. Have a great day, and thanks for taking the time to read. And thank you again to the great staff at the holiday inn. Hagerstown MD. Have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays. We look forward to staying with you again soon in the bear future. Ajs

• Stayed: December 2013
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Mr. Shaw,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described and although we do overlook things at times we sincerely care and want to make things right so our guests feel relaxed and right at home. I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stopped here because I could not make it home during a winter storm. The room was clean, the bedding comfortable, but there was a couple of problems. The TV did not work and I wanted to check the weather. The window curtains were a problem. Normally the black out curtains are 1st and then the shears. The black out curtains were hard to find especially late at night when I checked in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case apologize for the television not working properly and the black out curtain that was not easy to locate. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. If possible, please contact me at the hotel directly at 301-745-5644, so I can have a chance to follow up with your concerns.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

While traveling south we stayed at this hotel one night, mid-
week. We usually stop at Holiday Inn Express while traveling.
We initially were given a handicapped room which we didn't need. Upon requesting another room, with a better bed, the staff was helpful and pleasant. The second room was very clean and the hotel was quiet as it was mid-week. Breakfast food was typical and again staff was pleasant. It is situated conveniently right off Interstate 81and there are restaurants and shopping immediately available.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is reviewed and shared with every associate in an effort to improve the service and accommodations that we provide our guests. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good hospitality, check in was done in a minute and they provided mineral water and cookies as a Platinum rewards member. I liked the pool best, brake fast is also good. I did not like the bed, it is terrible and is like sleeping in a pit, I had back pain and was not able to sleep. Everything is good, except for the beds. We had two queens and both were of the same condition. I have travelled from east to west and stayed in several Holiday inn hotels and this was the worst bed I ever slept. so be I am giving 3 star rating.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We will be replacing beds in the near future to ensure our guests comfort. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As what you would expect from an HIE - well-kept, nice amenities, clean. It's kind of tucked away in an office park area -- my GPS routed me in a crazy way -- so don't be scared if yours seems to be sending you through a lot of parking lots! There are plenty of restaurants and other shops nearby and even though it's just off of 70 and 81, my room was quite quiet. If I was headed back through, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank miscrambler
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank You for the nice review and we would love to have you back again soon.
We love the feedback.

Travis K Swatsworth, GM

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Hagerstown Holiday Inn Express is a standard HIE place. It's close to the interstate but quiet. Several restaurants and other stores are within walking distance. Check-in was super fast, maybe two minutes. The entire hotel is very clean. The room was large enough so that the four of us didn't feel too cramped. No issues during our overnight stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Travis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hagerstown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review about our property and what we are close to and what we have to offer. I am so happy that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that we provided a quick check-in and clean stay. Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Travis K Swatsworth, GM